- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
Sheldon 0.5 miles. A real rustic retreat! An atmospheric log cabin in a valley on the edge of peaceful woodland, within the grounds of the owner's trout farm, half a mile from the picturesque hamlet of Sheldon, and 7 miles from Honiton. Situated within the Blackdown Hills, and made from weathered pine logs, this unusual holiday home has an open plan living area, a woodburner in a large inglenook fireplace, and a covered veranda ideal for an evening drink and BBQ. Walk the woods and country lanes in peace, explore the region's beautiful countryside and visitor attractions, or fish in the nearby lake and enjoy grilled trout for supper on the veranda, before being lulled to sleep by the sound of running water. It's the perfect country escape.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with shower cubicle, basin & WC. Open plan living area with compact fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburning stove in large inglenook fireplace. Covered veranda.
- Electric convector heaters with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, TV
- All electricity inc. in rent, starter pack for woodburning stove provided (extra logs available for purchase)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Covered veranda with garden furniture, leading to large lawned area (unfenced lake 15 yards, children to be supervised)
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Private trout fishing available in lake at extra charge (phone Sykes office for information on cost - 10% reduction for guests)
- Ample off road parking
- Shop & pub 3 miles
- (Owner can do basic shop before arrival on request)
- Note: As this property is situated in a valley, there is no mobile reception.
- Last minute
About the location
Honiton 7 miles; Exeter 20 miles.
On the edge of the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with deeply wooded valleys, lush green fields and winding country lanes, Sheldon is the typically peaceful and picturesque country hamlet. A collection of natural stone cottages, the village attracts those who love peace and quiet. Foxes, badgers, deer and a varied birdlife will share your stay here, and yet the Cathedral city of Exeter, with its shops, restaurants and good pubs is just a short drive away. Close at hand, too, is the Heritage Coast of East Devon and Dorset, with the beautiful fishing village of Lyme Regis making a splendid day out. Ottery St Mary, the coastal resort of Sidmouth and the lace-making town of Honiton are all within easy reach. The rocky tors and wild open spaces of Dartmoor, a must for anyone visiting Devon, are only 30 miles away.