- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A charming detached, stone-built cottage nestling in the grounds of the owner's non-working farm, just half a mile from the pretty town of Shaftesbury, and surrounded by fields.
Converted to a high standard, this cosy property offers well decorated and furnished ground floor accommodation, including a sunny sitting room with dining area offering unsurpassed views down Blackmoor Vale toward Poole and the coast.
Perfectly placed for touring the splendid Dorset countryside and coast, there are also several famous visitor attractions within easy reach.
Private carp fishing is just 100-yards away by arrangement.
The perfect get-away-from-it-all retreat.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, WC and wash basin. Small, fully fitted kitchen. Living room with dining area and patio windows with lovely views over Blackmoor Vale.
- Oil central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, TV, radio, stereo/CD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Shared use of garden with private and secluded seating area with garden furniture and lovely views
- Private fishing by arrangement
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 0.5 miles
- Note: No children under 12 yrs
- Note: Fishing is on a 0.5 acre lake and the carp are quite large
- Fishing is charged at £12 per day, and guests must supply their own rods and tackle etc
Note: No children under 12 yrs.
About the location
Salisbury 21 miles; Bath 30 miles.
One of Dorset’s prettiest and most historic towns, Shaftesbury is perched on a spur of rolling green hills, and the views in all directions are without comparison. Lush green meadows, woodland glades and outstanding architecture are all within a short walk. One of the best vantage points is from Gold Hill (Ridley Scott's famous Hovis advert was filmed here) with its quaint, cobbled and very steep street. Visit the ruins of Shaftesbury Abbey (a place of great pilgrimage from the 11th century) or navigate the intricate and ancient lanes. Bath, Salisbury and Sherborne are all under an hour away, or drive through the stunning countryside of Blackmoor Vale down to the coast at Poole, Bournemouth and Weymouth. A beautiful area, that still carries the flavour of the very best of the English countryside.