“Very friendly and helpful owner who ...”Very friendly and helpful owner who was great at advising us about local information. Very quiet and really peaceful. A perfect country getaway which we would highly recommend.
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Sturminster Newton 3 miles.
A wonderful, detached cottage in an idyllic, rural location found in the hamlet of Fifehead Neville, within Dorset's picturesque Blackmore Vale, close to Sturminster Newton.
Set in the grounds of the owners' home, this charming cottage near Sturminster Newton, with oak flooring downstairs, has been furnished and equipped to an exceptionally high standard.
This Sturminster Newton holiday cottage features two charming eaves bedrooms, both boasting wonderful views across the surrounding unspoilt countryside.
There is also a good-sized family bathroom, with both a bath and a separate shower cubicle.
Make use of the superb fitted kitchen and relax in the spacious sitting room, with a woodburner-effect electric fire, a dining area and French doors leading to the driveway.
Outside your Sturminster Newton cottage there's an enclosed private garden, the perfect place for sitting out, relaxing and breathing in fresh country air.
Set in a really wonderful "get away from it all" location, visitors can stroll along the rural footpaths leading right from the doorstep of this lovely Dorset holiday cottage.
Explore the many nearby fascinating towns, such as ancient Sherborne, hilltop Shaftesbury, Thomas Hardy's beloved Dorchester, and of course the attractive nearby market town of Sturminster Newton, alternatively take the short drive south and venture along the stunning Dorset Jurassic Coast.
A superb 'home from home' holiday base for exploring Dorset, offering something for all the family, at any time of the year!
Two bedrooms: 1 x eaves double, 1 x eaves twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect fire and dining area.
- Oil central heating with electric woodburner-effect fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and halogen hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview HD, DVD, DAB radio/CD player with music and power ports, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- DAB radio alarm clock and hairdryer in both bedrooms
- Travel cot in double bedroom, highchair and baby bath on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small lockable store
- Enclosed lawned garden with raised paved patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking inside or outside property
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Sloping ceilings in bedrooms, with restricted headroom in places
- Note: This cottage has been awarded a 4* Gold Award by Visit England national grading scheme
- Note: The arrival time for this property is 4pm.
About the location
Blandford Forum 11 miles.
The small, attractive market town of Sturminster Newton is set on the banks of the River Stour, reached via a graceful, six-arch, 15th century bridge, carrying a warning of deportation to those who may damage it! The whole area acted as inspiration for the works of Thomas Hardy, who wrote Return of The Native whilst living in the town. The region is dotted with thatched cottages, rural walks, stunning country views, and fascinating towns, such as Sherborne, with its abbey and castle, whilst the beautiful Dorset Heritage Coast is also within easy reach, making this an ideal base all year round!
This property offers the following short breaks: