- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Hedge End Farm Cottages
Winterborne Stickland 1 mile. A cluster of six impressive, imaginatively-converted, single-storey barn conversions, nestling in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in an idyllic rural location a mile from the picturesque village of Winterborne Stickland, 4 miles from Blandford Forum. Grouped around an attractive grassed courtyard on the owner's 1350-acre working farm, these Winterborne Stickland cottages have been sympathetically converted to an extremely high standard, and where possible, feature many original oak beams and vaulted ceilings. Each of these Winterborne Stickland cottages has its own charm and character, all boasting cosy woodburning stoves, and most offering en-suite facilities. Outside each Winterborne Stickland cottage is a private garden area, as well as attractive shared lawns to the front, and use of a shared games room in one of the larger barns on site; a super place to have fun after your day out. With a variety of accommodation on offer at these Winterborne Stickland cottages, up to 28 people can enjoy the delights of this lovely rural location, from the glorious country walks across the nearby Bulbarrow Hill, one of Dorset’s highest points, to the stunning Jurassic Coast, an easy drive. These luxurious Winterborne Stickland cottages provide an excellent rural base from which to explore this stunning area.
A stylish end-terrace Winterborne Stickland cottage offering single-storey, open plan living.
Beamed ceiling, woodburning stove and en-suite facilities to both bedrooms.
Attractive shared lawned courtyard, private patio and shared on-site games room.
Note: This property is in a courtyard with Refs.
18978, 905895, 905896, 905897 and 905898, together they sleep 28.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Electric heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Further fuel can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Covered bike storage
- Private patio area with furniture
- Shared front lawned area
- Shared games room with pool table, table football and air hockey
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Dogs to be kept on a lead whilst on the premises due to nearby livestock.
- “Ideal location for touring”
- “We stayed for two weeks in October 2014 initially with a friend then relatives arrived from abroad. Contact was made with the owner who left spare sheets for the out of sync bed change. It is ideally suited for visiting the Jurassic coast and Glastonbury, Stonehenge and many other 'must see' places. The Cottage has everything to make for a good stay. I have only given 4 out of 5 because the Sykes info is inaccurate. The twin room has the shower the double has a hand held shower over the bath. This cannot be attached to a wall so made for a bit of spillage on the bathroom floor. The chair and settee were both very uncomfortable which would have been ok if the table had had chairs around it with back support. It did not it had 2 benches. All in all a lovely place to stay but I would suggest the owner spends a night in each of the cottages to gauge any snags for themselves. Twin beds are at right angles to each other so not ideal for a couple.”
- “What a fabulous find. Such a beautiful cottage in a beautiful setting, ideally situated for exploring this part of Dorset. We were impressed by the attention to detail and the cottage was spotlessly clean.”
- “Our third week in the cottage in two years and will be booking again for next year. Very Spacious and well located.”
- “Corner Barn was fabulous, very well equipped. There was absolutely nothing they had not thought of. It was even better than we expected.”
- “The location was excellent with many places to visit within a short travelling distance. The cottage was spacious, the overall quality of the site and property was excellent.”
- “Had good walking from the cottage. It was very much better than other cottages we have stayed in and was excellent for dogs.”
- “I would highly recommend this property. Great position for visiting Dorset. Excellent facilities in the barn and very spacious. Our boys loved the games room, which is good to fall back on in the rain.”
- “Beautifully located, quiet and fantastically kept property. From the furnishings to the standard of cleanliness, couldn't fault it.”
- “Liked the added extras in the kitchen and great quality linen - furnishings were all high spec so it was a proper home from home.”
- “The cottage was excellent in every way , very spacious and very well equipped. Set in a secluded area 10 minutes drive from Blandford. We drove to the coast most days and were blessed with some fantastic weather. We will be booking again for next year.”
- “It was well laid out, the games room was a welcome addition as on one of our days it was raining throughout the whole day. The Barn was well equipped and covered all our needs and more. We have already recommended to some of our family and they will hopefully be booking the same location in the near future. We would highly recommend this property to anybody needing a quiet and lovely location that was central to lots of attractions around the area.”
- “The Barn was private, the site was quiet and the garden was reasonably secure for the pets. The internet and the television service was very good for the location. The information provided for the area was very useful for the local shops, eating out and just about the farm itself which was good to know. Lots of guides about good places to go and also where dogs were allowed was helpful to us on planning our day. The standard of the furniture could not be faulted and the welcoming cake was a nice surprise, along with the basics of making a hot drink. The heating of the Barn was very good and the logs for the burner were not needed. Would recommend the local pub as we ate there every night or had a takeaway from them and the food was lovely as were the people who ran it.”
- “The Corner Barn was very comfortable and in a great location to explore the surrounding areas.”
About the location
Blandford Forum 4 miles.
The attractive village of Winterborne Stickland is located beneath the majestic Dorset Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Winterborne Stickland is situated in the peaceful, chalk-streamed Winterbourne Valley, which boasts spectacular views from Bulbarrow, one of the highest points in Dorset. The centre of this charming village features several picturesque cob and thatch cottages including the 17th century inn, and a 13th century church, whilst the surrounding countryside offers wonderful rural walks. Just 3 miles away is the pretty village of Milton Abbas, with its beautiful Benedictine abbey and exquisite, whitewashed, thatched cottages, often featured on Dorset picture postcards. Tour the striking Georgian architecture, visit the fascinating Fashion Museum, or sample real ale at the local brewery at nearby Blandford Forum. Alternatively, explore the colourful market and array of shops, pubs and restaurants at Thomas Hardy’s Dorchester, or enjoy the delights of the scenic Jurassic Coast, both within easy driving distance. You are truly spoilt for choice at this wonderful location.