- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Hedge End Farm Cottages
Winterborne Stickland 1 mile. A cluster of six impressive, imaginatively-converted, single-storey barn conversions, nestling in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in an idyllic rural location a mile from the picturesque village of Winterborne Stickland, 4 miles from Blandford Forum. Grouped around an attractive grassed courtyard on the owner's 1350-acre working farm, these Winterborne Stickland cottages have been sympathetically converted to an extremely high standard, and where possible, feature many original oak beams and vaulted ceilings. Each of these Winterborne Stickland cottages has its own charm and character, all boasting cosy woodburning stoves, and most offering en-suite facilities. Outside each Winterborne Stickland cottage is a private garden area, as well as attractive shared lawns to the front, and use of a shared games room in one of the larger barns on site; a super place to have fun after your day out. With a variety of accommodation on offer at these Winterborne Stickland cottages, up to 28 people can enjoy the delights of this lovely rural location, from the glorious country walks across the nearby Bulbarrow Hill, one of Dorset’s highest points, to the stunning Jurassic Coast, an easy drive. These luxurious Winterborne Stickland cottages provide an excellent rural base from which to explore this stunning area.
A characterful, single-storey, end-terrace Winterborne Stickland holiday cottage.
This tastefully-furnished barn conversion overlooks a landscaped courtyard area.
The king-size bedroom offers en-suite facilities, and there is a shower room for use by the twin bedroom.
Lovely beamed sitting and dining areas, along with a woodburning stove and a shared games room.
Note: This property is in a courtyard with Refs.
18978, 19285, 905896, 905897 and 905898, together they sleep 28.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
Electric heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Further fuel can be purchased from owner. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Covered bike storage. Private patio area with furniture. Shared front lawned area. Shared games room with pool table, table football and air hockey. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: Dogs to be kept on a lead whilst on the premises due to nearby livestock.
- “Superior cottage”
- “On arrival we found a wonderful courtyard of cottages, the whole outside area was very clean and tidy. On entering the cottage we found a cake, pint of milk tea and coffee, which was a lovely touch. The cottage itself is furnished to a very high standard with plenty of room. It is perfectly sited to explore Dorset with lots of lovely walks and beautiful scenery on the doorstep. You are only 1 mile from Winterborne Stickland which has a very friendly pub serving good food and a post office with small store. Everyone we have met was very friendly. A great holiday experience, we will definitely be returning”
- “A luxury cottage.”
- “A beautiful, well appointed cottage which we would book again. The only downside from our perspective was its distance from the sea and local amenities.”
- “The cottage is good for dogs as it has a large entrance hall with stone flooring, so after a dog walk you can towel down the dogs without messing up other rooms. there are a lot of good walks in that area Cottage is well maintained, while we were there the grass was cut & the windows where cleaned inside & out.”
- “The Cottage was very clean and well maintained, this is important to us as we like to cook at home. The garden was ideal for our dog and the outside seating area was bright and sunny.”
- “The cottage was positioned perfectly to explore the major attractions of Dorset. The surrounding area was beautiful and the size and condition of the cottage exceeded our expectations. A great choice and one we would go to again and recommend to family and friends.”
- “This is a fantastic cottage, furnished to a high standard. It is modern, warm, well equipped and spacious. The standard of cleanliness is exceptional. It has a pleasant garden area with garden furniture and a shared games room useful for children and young people.”
- “The location was great for exploring the area and the accommodation was fantastic. Very clean and everything was of a high standard.”
- “The accommodation was very spacious and very comfortable. Clearly much thought had been given to the fitting out of all rooms which had been undertaken to a high standard.”
- “Very spacious and clean, and the garden was great for the dog.”
- “The cottage was well appointed and the location was great for exploring North Dorset. The local pub in Winterborne Stickland, The Crown Inn was welcoming and the food was very good.”
- “The Cottage was beautifully decorated, spacious and situated in a very peaceful and beautiful part of the country. The shared games room was a particular favourite.”
- “Spacious, clean and comfortable accommodation and a great base for exploring Dorset.”
- “The flexibility and convenience of not being limited to a schedule was great. The slightly remote location inland made for a very peaceful and quiet week. It was within reach of a lot of interesting places.”
About the location
Blandford Forum 4 miles.
The attractive village of Winterborne Stickland is located beneath the majestic Dorset Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Winterborne Stickland is situated in the peaceful, chalk-streamed Winterbourne Valley, which boasts spectacular views from Bulbarrow, one of the highest points in Dorset. The centre of this charming village features several picturesque cob and thatch cottages including the 17th century inn, and a 13th century church, whilst the surrounding countryside offers wonderful rural walks. Just 3 miles away is the pretty village of Milton Abbas, with its beautiful Benedictine abbey and exquisite, whitewashed, thatched cottages, often featured on Dorset picture postcards. Tour the striking Georgian architecture, visit the fascinating Fashion Museum, or sample real ale at the local brewery at nearby Blandford Forum. Alternatively, explore the colourful market and array of shops, pubs and restaurants at Thomas Hardy’s Dorchester, or enjoy the delights of the scenic Jurassic Coast, both within easy driving distance. You are truly spoilt for choice at this wonderful location.