- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hedge End Farm Cottages
Winterborne Stickland 1 mile. A cluster of six impressive, imaginatively-converted, single-storey barn conversions, nestling in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in an idyllic rural location a mile from the picturesque village of Winterborne Stickland, 4 miles from Blandford Forum. Grouped around an attractive grassed courtyard on the owner's 1350-acre working farm, these Winterborne Stickland cottages have been sympathetically converted to an extremely high standard, and where possible, feature many original oak beams and vaulted ceilings. Each of these Winterborne Stickland cottages has its own charm and character, all boasting cosy woodburning stoves, and most offering en-suite facilities. Outside each Winterborne Stickland cottage is a private garden area, as well as attractive shared lawns to the front, and use of a shared games room in one of the larger barns on site; a super place to have fun after your day out. With a variety of accommodation on offer at these Winterborne Stickland cottages, up to 28 people can enjoy the delights of this lovely rural location, from the glorious country walks across the nearby Bulbarrow Hill, one of Dorset’s highest points, to the stunning Jurassic Coast, an easy drive. These luxurious Winterborne Stickland cottages provide an excellent rural base from which to explore this stunning area.
A stunning end-terrace, rural Winterborne Stickland holiday cottage, created from a former Victorian barn, set in an attractive shared courtyard but enjoying its own private outside space.
Open plan living, benefiting from a warming woodburning stove, stable door and a family bathroom.
Shared games room, plenty of local walks nearby.
Note: This property is in a courtyard with Refs.
18978, 19285, 905895, 905896 and 905897, together they sleep 28.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Beamed open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Electric heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Further fuel can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Covered bike storage
- Private patio area with furniture
- Shared front lawned area
- Shared games room with pool table, table football and air hockey
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Dogs to be kept on a lead whilst on the premises due to nearby livestock.
- “Wonderful cottage & allows dogs.”
- “New in June 2014 we were among the first guests in this lovely complex of 6 barn conversions. Everything is tasteful and good quality. This property is ideal for those with limited mobility as even the entrance is level and parking is adjacent. The outside patio and small lawn are fully enclosed by a 3ft fence so were ideal for relaxed outdoor dining (& wining) with our pooches. Very highly recommended!”
- “The property was outstanding, immaculate and clean considering its dog friendly accommodation. It was home from home. Very well catered for both a toddler and dog! Everything you needed. Would recommend to all.”
- “The accommodation is excellent with very good quality furnishings, which made the stay so relaxing as it was such a lovely space.”
- “A beautiful cottage in a lovely area, it was everything we wanted. There was a garden and a lovely communal garden for all 6 cottages to share. The games room was fantastic too. Would have loved to stay longer.”
- “We liked the overall quality of the accommodation, the whole development and the relaxing atmosphere of the place.”
- “A clean, well appointed cottage in a lovely location.”
- “We were so delighted with the property, we felt we could immediately relax and start to enjoy ourselves. The information about local pubs etc. was very useful as we only went for a short time and you do not really have time to explore so having advice was invaluable. The property was beautifully clean and well equipped. The iced buns for the first cup of tea was a lovely touch!”
- “First class venue. Would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone”
- “The property was very presentable and maintained. The amenities were first class and information readily available. We were very comfortable in the Barn. We were very fortunate to have found such a lovely cottage on Sykes' website. We look forward to seeing next years Brochure.”
- “The holiday site was very presentable and maintained. The amenities were first class and information readily available. The site is centrally situated to places of interest and the countryside is beautiful. We were fortunate to have very good weather for our stay. We were very comfortable in the Barn.”
- “This accommodation was excellent and conveniently located. I would be very happy to stay there again and recommend to others.”
- “Very comfortable accommodation with an excellent kitchen well above the normal standard. Easy access and good directions to local attractions and pubs. In a quiet area.”
About the location
Blandford Forum 4 miles.
The attractive village of Winterborne Stickland is located beneath the majestic Dorset Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Winterborne Stickland is situated in the peaceful, chalk-streamed Winterbourne Valley, which boasts spectacular views from Bulbarrow, one of the highest points in Dorset. The centre of this charming village features several picturesque cob and thatch cottages including the 17th century inn, and a 13th century church, whilst the surrounding countryside offers wonderful rural walks. Just 3 miles away is the pretty village of Milton Abbas, with its beautiful Benedictine abbey and exquisite, whitewashed, thatched cottages, often featured on Dorset picture postcards. Tour the striking Georgian architecture, visit the fascinating Fashion Museum, or sample real ale at the local brewery at nearby Blandford Forum. Alternatively, explore the colourful market and array of shops, pubs and restaurants at Thomas Hardy’s Dorchester, or enjoy the delights of the scenic Jurassic Coast, both within easy driving distance. You are truly spoilt for choice at this wonderful location.