- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming single-storey, self-contained annexe, tucked away to the rear of the owner's attractive home in a quiet lane in the village of Henstridge.
Converted from a former stable, Frodos is well furnished throughout and offers comfortable, well-equipped holiday accommodation.
The property boasts a delightful large patio area, perfect for dining alfresco, with shared use of a lovely mature three quarter acre garden.
Fine countryside walks can be enjoyed nearby and the cottage provides a marvellous centre for touring, with a host of National Trust properties such as Stourhead House and Gardens and Montacute House only a short drive away.
With Shaftesbury, Salisbury, Bath and the Dorset coast also easily accessible, this is a great base for exploring this beautiful area.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Small fitted kitchen with adjoining room containing fridge/freezer. Sitting room with dining area and patio doors leading to garden.
- Storage radiators with electric panel wall heater in bedroom and heated towel rail in bathroom
- Mini electric oven with two-ring hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, use of owner's washing machine by arrangement, TV, CD player/radio, WiFi, library of books
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available on request
- Roadside parking available on either the cross or street opposite the house
- Shared use of 3/4 acre of lawned garden with large patio area, garden furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 min, pub 3 mins
- Note: This property is suitable for 2 adults and 1 infant only
- Note: WiFi signal can be low.
- Last minute
About the location
Sherborne 7 miles; Shaftesbury 10 miles.
The little village of Henstridge can be found right on the border of Somerset and Dorset, at the head of the lush Blackmore Vale, used as the backdrop to Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Surrounded by glorious countryside, Henstridge is well served by a shop, pubs, restaurants and a cafe and offers lovely walks accompanied by fine views. The village is ideally located for exploring Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire, as within a short drive lies the historic town of Sherborne, famous for its abbey and castles, and once home to Sir Walter Raleigh. Close by are a wealth of National Trust properties, such as the stunning Stourhead House and Gardens, while the nearby hilltop town of Shaftesbury, best known for the picturesque Gold Hill, is also well worth a visit. With the beautiful cathedral city of Salisbury, Stonehenge, Bath and The Dorset Heritage Coast all easily accessible, this is a great base for relaxing and enjoying the delights of this superb area of the country.