- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A detached, single-storey holiday cottage peacefully situated within the charming Somerset village of Westbury-sub-Mendip on the southern slopes of the Mendip Hills, between Wells and Cheddar Gorge.
Comfortably furnished and well equipped, this Westbury-sub-Mendip cottage offers couples an attractive and convenient holiday base in a most picturesque part of Somerset.
The open plan living area of this cottage near Cheddar provides light and airy accommodation with a twin bedroom plus the option of a full-size folding bed.
Doors from the sitting room of this holiday cottage near Wells open out onto a small, enclosed private patio complete with garden furniture, while a short stroll takes you down to the village shop and pub with local footpaths stretching in all directions.
There's plenty to see within a short drive of this Westbury-sub-Mendip holiday cottage, including the stunning Cheddar Gorge as well as the caves and attractions at Wookey Hole.
Alternatively, visit the charming medieval market city of Wells, named after the springs which still bubble up today in the grounds of the beautiful cathedral.
A little further afield you can spend the day touring the Somerset Levels, which offer an abundance of wildlife and pretty villages, or browse the amazing shops or tour the ruined abbey at mystical Glastonbury.
A delightful Westbury-sub-Mendip cottage offering a convenient Somerset village holiday base at any time of the year.
All ground floor. One twin bedroom with single folding bed. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Small, front enclosed private patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Limited mobile reception.
- Last minute
- “Home from Home”
- “Felt at home as soon as we walked in. Perfect location for seeing the area, Wells, Glastonbury, Bath and Bristol. Very quiet, lovely walks, accommodation very comfortable and facilities excellent. Owner extremely pleasant and helpful. Would definitely recommend.”
- “a fantastic holiday cottage”
- “Glebe Lodge was very cosy and peaceful close to wells and cheddar and a good bus rout to all parts of Somerset It had all modern amenities”
- “Comfortable cottage within reach of many attractions”
- “Lovely cottage everthing clean and well equipt The owner was really helpful but didnt intrude, told us the good places to eat and shop. Also about the local places to visit it is no more than 20 miles to Bristol were we visited the SS Great Britain which was a great day out . We also went to the Fleet air arm museum which was fabulous which is at Yeovil The cottage is quite near Wells and Bath The only thing with the cottage there wasnt any out look , but there is a patio where you can sit out”
- “Clean and cosy”
- “Very clean everything you could need even a small enclosed patio to sit out on which was enclosed so suitable for a dog.owner was near by not intrusive but very friendly and helpful suggesting places to visit and eat.lovely lady.”
- “Situated in a great position and the Lodge was more than adequate for a holiday. Excellent host who made us feel welcome.”
- “The cottage had everything that was necessary to make the holiday comfortable the area was very quiet and peaceful. The owner was extremely helpful and we had a very enjoyable holiday.”
- “Very well furnished and clean. There is a good bus service nearby so you do not need to use a car to get out and about. A very nice pub and shop are just five minutes away.”
- “We were made to feel very welcomed, very helpful with nice little touches and a good local knowledge with plenty of helpful information. Glebe Lodge has every thing you could wish for.”
- “The owner was very friendly and helpful with local knowledge.”
- “Glebe Lodge is very well appointed, very clean and well thought out. We felt totally at home stopping there, it was a real home from home. We particularly liked the French windows which opened out on to the small patio area. Glebe Lodge is well positioned, with plenty to see and do within easy travelling distance.”
- “The owner was extremely welcoming and helpful. She also had a very comprehensive information pack in the cottage which covered everything you would need to know whilst on holiday. The cottage is extremely well maintained.”
- “This is a splendid cottage in a lovely area, the owner has paid a lot of attention to detail and everything you need is provided. It's location makes it easy to get around.”
- “The Glebe is beautifully decorated and has everything you could need and more. Centrally located in a peaceful village setting. The owner is wonderful, very friendly but unobtrusive and obviously cares a lot about her customers. Perfect location for a relaxing break or to explore Somerset.”
- “An excellently equipped property which is spotlessly clean. Being all on one level and with twin beds made it most suitable for my elderly mother and I travelling . Wonderful location within easy distance of Wells where there are a number of supermarkets. The owner , a welcoming and friendly lady, has provided a 'home from home' and is on hand to offer whatever level of assistance or information required. We enjoyed a fabulous week in Westbury, visiting Wells with its impressive cathedral , Glastonbury village and abbey, Bath, Weston-super-Mare and Cheddar. A truly memorable holiday in superb accommodation.”
- “The warm welcome, the helpfulness and the little extras provided by the owner. The excellent weather helped to enjoy the lovely beaches nearby.”
- “A really warm welcome from the owner. Everything spotless and the lodge was finished to a high standard. A friendly village and superb location for visiting local attractions.”
About the location
Wookey Hole 2 miles; Wells 4 miles; Cheddar 5 miles.
The Somerset village of Westbury-sub-Mendip, boasts a pub and local shops. It nestles beneath the southern slopes of the Mendip Hills half way between Cheddar Gorge and the attractive cathedral city of Wells, both around four miles away. The surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty provides a wealth of scenic footpaths and rugged landscapes, a superb centre for caving and rock climbing, with nearby Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole Caves both offering great days out. Alternatively, Wells, England’s smallest city, with its 13th century cathedral, Bishop’s Palace and twice weekly market is well worth a visit. With the picturesque Somerset levels, as well as mystic Glastonbury also an easy drive away, this attractive area makes a convenient and ideal touring base.