- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A well-presented, single-storey wing of the owner's cottage, at the centre of the pretty rural Hampshire village of Damerham, on the borders with Dorset and Wiltshire.
Just four miles from the edge of the New Forest National Park, this Damerham cottage provides a perfect rural village base for couples wishing to explore this picturesque Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The cosy beamed interior of this Hampshire holiday cottage oozes charm with a real home-from-home feel, and offers a superb place to return to after your hectic day out and about.
Relax in the pretty, sheltered courtyard garden of this Damerham cottage, where you can plan your day’s adventures, or take a short stroll along the water meadows beside the gently flowing River Allen.
Alternatively, you can just relax in at the nearby local pub, where a warm welcome is guaranteed.
Three miles from this Damerham holiday cottage is the small town of Fordingbridge situated on the River Avon, or browse the weekly colourful market in the bustling town of Ringwood.
Best of all, you can enjoy the delights of the New Forest National Park, an easy drive from this Hampshire holiday cottage.
Picnic in the forest glades, cycle the well-marked trails and view the wild ponies and deer.
Spend a day at the beautiful Exbury Gardens, or visit Bucklers Hard and the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu.
A charming rural Hampshire cottage from which to explore the delights of three picturesque counties.
All ground floor. One twin bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and electric flame-effect fire.
Oil central heating with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Lockable bike storage. Small enclosed courtyard garden with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 2 mins walk. Note: The only space for a travel cot is between the twin beds. Note: The owner keeps bantams in the adjacent garden.
- Last minute
- “great place to return after day in forest”
- “Lovely cottage very clean warm and tidy with all the equipment required for two people. Very friendly and helpful owners only too willing to help. The chickens they kept were amusing to watch in the garden. The pub was only next door and was very friendly even with the dog serving meals lunch time and evenings”
- “Lovely get away”
- “This is such a lovely village with amazing countryside. The cottage is ideal and has everything you need for a stay. A fully equipped kitchen including a washing machine, a little yard you can sit in and it's very peaceful. The pub down the road is very friendly and welcoming and the staff can't do enough for you. We only stayed two nights but will definitely be back for a longer stay in future and have friends who are booking already. One tip - take a torch if you have a dog and need to walk it in the evening, the street isn't well lit.”
- “We enjoyed the cottage as it was very much home from home and the couple who own it are a lovely also the place was dog friendly.”
- “We had a cosy courtyard that we could watch the owners chickens and wild birds feeding, it was so peaceful and relaxing! The owners were very helpful and friendly. We would highly recommend this as a place to stay it's an all round winner for us and we will definitely be going back.”
- “A lovely cottage in a great location from which to explore the New Forest & beyond.”
- “Bramley Nook was very clean, comfortable and everything we needed was there. The beds were very comfortable. The owner was very helpful, but not intrusive and we really enjoyed our stay.”
- “We liked the view of the gardens and birds. The stream and park in the village were nice and we found the experience very quiet and restful.”
- “It was like home from home, felt comfortable and safe and was convenient to lots of places.”
- “Very cosy and warm, in a nice village location with great local pub. Enjoyed watching the owners chickens and bird life. The owners were very friendly and helpful, hope to visit again. A great place to return after walk in the forest.”
- “The cottage is in a quiet area in small village surroundings, it was lovely, making the holiday very restful. A drive to the coast and into the forest is necessary before you can enjoy tourist attractions, but the drive is one to enjoy. The hosts are a lovely couple and the cottage is a home from home.”
- “A delightful, good value cottage with very friendly owners.”
About the location
Fordingbridge 3 miles; Ringwood 10 miles; Salisbury 13 miles.
The pretty village of Damerham can be found on the Hampshire side of the borders with Dorset and Wiltshire, and lies in an attractive Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, through which flows the River Allen. Just three miles away is the attractive town of Fordingbridge, and a short drive will bring you to the edge of the New Forest National Park, dotted with quaint villages with its swathes of purple heather and woodlands, and home to the famous wild ponies. An easy drive north takes you to the ancient city of Salisbury with its beautiful cathedral; or alternatively take a trip south to the glorious seaside resort of Bournemouth, with its lively shopping centre and wonderful Blue Flag beaches. An ideal village base for exploring these three picturesque counties.