- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A first floor self-contained eaves apartment, above the owner's property, in the small village of Over Compton, just 3 miles from both Yeovil and Sherborne on the border of Dorset and Somerset. Comfortably furnished throughout this holiday apartment near Sherborne offers couples and small family groups an idyllic rural holiday base. It benefits from two bedrooms, including a double with en-suite facilities as well as a decked balcony offering lovely views across the nearby paddocks, a super place to sit and relax after your busy day out. There are lovely walks in the countryside surrounding the holiday apartment, whilst the nearby historic town of Sherborne is a great place to explore with its castle, ancient abbey and numerous fascinating local shops, plus a wide choice of inns and restaurants. Just a short drive from your Dorset apartment are Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum, Haynes Motor Museum and Montecute House which are all well worth a visit. Shaftesbury, Salisbury and the Dorset coast are also easily accessible making this super Sherborne holiday apartment a wonderful place to stay at any time of year.
All first floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC and doors to decked balcony, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Small fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Balcony with furniture
- Patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: The owner has 2 dogs and there are horses, hens, a peacock and guinea fowl on site.
- Last minute
- “A lovely place to stay, it was very clean, well equipped and in a good location.”
- “Well laid-out apartment, good for relaxing. Pleasant rural outlook with balcony to main bedroom overlooking paddock with horses and domesticated fowl. Nicely positioned just out of Yeovil with good access to A303 and A30 roads. Plenty of National Trust in the area.”
- “A very quiet and tranquil place, loved waking up in the morning to see the horses and ducks in the field outside the bedroom window. There were lots of places to visit in the area and several pubs and restaurants serving excellent food. One of the most relaxing and enjoyable holidays I have had in years.”
- “This was a home from home with all the facilities provided; a quiet retreat from all our busy lives set in the middle of the countryside.”
- “The whole ambience of the place was just delightful from the welcome from the owners to the condition of the living accommodation. A really wonderful place to stay.”
- “The property was cosy and lovely and warm and everything in the kitchen needed for a short stay was provided. Plenty of TV's and a music centre with some cassettes. The bedrooms were large with plenty of storage. The double room had sliding doors with lovely views to the outside and a balcony shared with the peacocks!!”
- “Cottage very welcoming, and spacious, in a peaceful setting. Lovely view from main bedroom, and liked watching the horses and livestock, especially the peacocks, when they came to eat the grapes from the vine on the balcony. Owners were both very friendly and helpful.”
About the location
Sherborne 3 miles; Yeovil 3 miles.
The adjoining villages of Over Compton and Nether Compton are tucked away on the Dorset side of the Somerset border, three miles from both of the towns of Yeovil and Sherborne and surrounded by an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The area surrounding Over Compton is brimming with lovely rural walks while an easy drive takes you into historic Sherborne which is well known for its castle and abbey, and where you can browse the array of fabulous shops and restaurants. Good transport links nearby ensure that it is easy to venture further afield to regal Bath, Stourhead and Salisbury, as well as the stunning Jurassic Coast. This really is a superb touring base for visiting this lovely West Country area.