“Great place, so peaceful and ...”Great place, so peaceful and relaxing, very central to visit great places.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A delightful attached barn conversion set in the rural Dorset hamlet of Tincleton, within the valley of the River Frome and only 5 miles from Dorchester.
Set in the grounds of the owner's Grade II listed 1840 school house, this cottage is attached to a picture framing workshop and has been converted to create a charming holiday home, well-suited to a couple or a small family group.
The sitting and dining area boasts a lovely warming woodburner, making it a cosy place to snuggle up after your day out exploring, whilst the master bedroom, open to the staircase, benefits from an en-suite basin and WC.
Visitors are welcome to relax in the large shared lawned garden, a restful place to unwind after your day's adventures.
There is a small art gallery on site, and with picture framing available as well, why not pick up a unique souvenir of your stay in this beautiful part of the country?
Locally, there are lovely walks to be had along the Frome Valley, whilst within short drives are Thomas Hardy's pretty cottage at Bockhampton and Lawrence of Arabia's home at Clouds Hill, both well worth a visit.
Within easy reach are the well-loved attractions of Monkey World, The Tank Museum at Bovington and the Tolpuddle Martyrs Museum.
Visitors to this lovely area can browse the array of interesting shops or the colourful market stalls in Dorchester or alternatively can spend time exploring the spectacular scenery and lovely beaches along Dorset's Jurassic Coast.
A welcoming and cosy cottage at any time of the year.
Two eaves bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite basin and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburner and stairs to bedrooms.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lockable bike storage
- Shared enclosed, lawned garden and patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles
- Note: There is restricted head height in the twin bedroom due to sloping ceiling
- Note: The double eaves bedroom is open to the staircase, ensure care is taken and children are supervised at all times
- Note: Intermittent mobile signal
- Note: The owner has a golden retriever
- Note: Owner can stock freezer with meals from the Cook shop in Dorchester prior to guests' arrival, by prior arrangement and at extra cost
- Note: There is an art gallery and framing studio on-site, please contact the owner for further details.
About the location
Dorchester 5 miles.
The tiny Dorset hamlet of Tincleton nestles in an attractive rural setting within the valley of the River Frome, just 5 miles east of the county town of Dorchester. The area was beloved by Thomas Hardy, who was born at Bockhampton, just 3 miles away, and often mentioned the surrounding villages, such as Puddletown (Weatherbury), in his novels. Abounding in lovely walks, the countryside is rich in wildlife, and the River Frome is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest. Close by you can visit Lawrence of Arabia's cottage at Clouds Hill, as well as his final resting place at Moreton. If you are looking for fun-filled activities for the whole family to enjoy, Monkey World and the Tank Museum at Bovington offer super days out. However, no trip to this area would be complete without a visit to the stunning Dorset Jurassic Coast, with scenic views from the coastal path, spectacular coves and the sandy beaches of Weymouth, all just a short drive. Tincleton is a convenient, rural base from which to explore this lovely area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute