- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A delightful attached barn conversion set in the rural Dorset hamlet of Tincleton, within the valley of the River Frome and only 5 miles from Dorchester.
Set in the grounds of the owner's Grade II listed 1840 school house, this Dorchester holiday cottage is attached to a picture framing workshop and has been converted to create a charming holiday home, well-suited to a couple or a small family group.
The sitting and dining area of this Dorchester holiday cottage boasts underfloor heating and a lovely warming woodburner, making it a cosy place to snuggle up after your day out exploring, whilst the master bedroom, open to the staircase, benefits from an en-suite basin and WC.
Visitors to this Dorchester holiday cottage are welcome to relax in the large shared lawned garden, a restful place to unwind after your day's adventures.
There is a small art gallery on site, and with picture framing available as well, why not pick up a unique souvenir of your stay in this beautiful part of the country?
Locally, there are lovely walks to be had along the Frome Valley, whilst within a short drive of this Dorchester holiday cottage are Thomas Hardy's pretty cottage at Bockhampton and Lawrence of Arabia's home at Clouds Hill, both well worth a visit.
Within easy reach of your holiday cottage in Tincleton are the well-loved attractions of Monkey World, The Tank Museum at Bovington and the Tolpuddle Martyrs Museum.
Visitors to this lovely area can browse the array of interesting shops or the colourful market stalls in Dorchester or alternatively can spend time exploring the spectacular scenery and lovely beaches along Dorset's Jurassic Coast.
A welcoming and cosy Dorchester holiday cottage at any time of the year.
Two eaves bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite basin and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburner and stairs to bedrooms.
- Electric underfloor heating on ground floor with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lockable bike storage
- Shared enclosed, lawned garden and patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles
- Note: There is restricted head height in the twin bedroom due to sloping ceiling
- Note: The double eaves bedroom is open to the staircase, ensure care is taken and children are supervised at all times
- Note: Intermittent mobile signal
- Note: The owner has a golden retriever
- Note: Owner can stock freezer with meals from the Cook shop in Dorchester prior to guests' arrival, by prior arrangement and at extra cost
- Note: There is an art gallery and framing studio on-site, please contact the owner for further details.
- Last minute
- “Old School Charmer”
- “Welcoming fire in the wood burner welcomed us on arrival. Still fairly new conversion into a holiday let. Well equipped. Good base for exploring Dorset”
- “We had a wonderful welcome to this cosy cottage. It is in a fantastic location for days out with young families and dogs. The Cottage is well equipped, warm and comfortable, and has the added bonus of an art gallery and framing shop within the grounds. My family and I are looking forward to returning for more adventures.”
- “A lovely cottage for the 4 of us with a lovely garden to play in too.”
- “Our week in this cottage was excellent. For anyone taking dogs it was perfect as there are no carpets downstairs thus reducing anxiety about hairs and mud. There are loads of long and short walks straight from the door. Facilities for people were pretty good too!”
- “We were given a very nice welcome. This was a lovely place to stay, the weather was reasonable for the time of year and there are lots of beautiful places to visit. I would definitely recommend The Old School House Cottage. The amenities were perfect, and it was a "home from home" with more relaxation.”
- “We had a wonderful time and everything worked out as we had planned. Thank you once again.”
- “Excellent stay for a family.”
About the location
Dorchester 5 miles.
The tiny Dorset hamlet of Tincleton nestles in an attractive rural setting within the valley of the River Frome, just 5 miles east of the county town of Dorchester. The area was beloved by Thomas Hardy, who was born at Bockhampton, just 3 miles away, who often mentioned the surrounding villages, such as Puddletown (Weatherbury), in his novels. Abounding in lovely walks, the countryside is rich in wildlife, with the River Frome being a designated Area of Special Scientific Interest. Close by you can visit Lawrence of Arabia's cottage at Clouds Hill, as well as his final resting place at Moreton. If you are looking for fun-filled activities for the whole family to enjoy, Monkey World and the Tank Museum at Bovington offer super days out. However, no trip to this area would be complete without a visit to the stunning Dorset Jurassic Coast, with scenic views from the coastal path, spectacular coves and the sandy beaches of Weymouth, all just a short drive. Tincleton is a convenient, rural base from which to explore this lovely area.