- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Fort William 3 miles. A cosy and compact detached chalet, in a lovely position amid lawned grounds near the village of Corpach, three miles from Fort William.
Set with five other chalets, this charming property offers simple, comfortable open plan accommodation.
Ideally placed for exploring the great outdoors, there is a wealth of walking, biking and climbing in the area, with Ben Nevis visible from the site.
The mystical Isle of Skye is within reach (via a drive through spectacular scenery or even by steam train!), or visit Fort William and its shops, pubs and restaurants.
A great base from which to explore the beautiful Western Highlands!
Note: This cottage is next to Ref.
28289, together they sleep 8.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Electric panel heaters in bedrooms with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV, radio
- Laundry facilities on site (£1 coin meter)
- First £7 of electricity inc. in rent, remainder by £1 coin meter
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking in car park 50 yards from property
- Shared lawned garden area
- Sorry, no pets
- Shops, pub and Post Office 10 minutes' walk.
- “responsive and caring owner”
- “Due to an unforseen event we weren't able to stay at Glen Dessary on our start date. Jennifer Campbell made every effort to find a replacement for us until we could move in. Whilst walking up Ben Nevis on the Saturday I even had a text message asking if we were OK? I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a stay in the area not too far away from First William itself but a nice setting.”
- “Really relaxing”
- “Had a fantastic time plenty to do. The family that run the site were very friendly and helpful.The chalet was clean & comfortable with eveything you needed.”
- “the location is awesome, at the foot of ben nevis. the gym membership is a welcome addition, especially if you climb the hill. remote, in a good way. Not for Dog or animal lovers tho. (I'm a fan of dogs!)”
- “first class”
- “really friendly clean with every thing required within log cabin.central to all things off interest . With Fort william closs bye for eating out etc. Really enjoyed our time there.”
- “Great location and comfortable accomodation in family setting”
- “Beautiful setting with chickens, ducks and geese to greet you and freshly laid eggs in the mornings were delightful. The owners of the property were extremily helpful and catered our medical needs, taking delivery and storing some medial equipment prior to our arrival. The location of the property is excellent for exploring the west highlands and the islands.”
- “wonderful week”
- “it was out of season but was treated well the cabin was clean and homely, the people were very friendly and helpful in any concerns will not hesitate to go back there again”
- “We had a great, relaxing stay.”
- “The owners were extremely welcoming and helpful and made us feel very much at home. The chalet was comfortable with a good range of equipment. The only real complaint was a slight lack of storage space for luggage. Location was good as there were shops and restaurants within easy reach for everyday shopping and meals out in the evening. All in all we had a very enjoyable week.”
- “Had a great holiday - location and people were lovely.”
- “An ideal place that is very central for visiting other locations. A very quiet and peaceful location with a lovely view from the chalet.”
About the location
Ben Nevis 2 miles; Glencoe 16 miles; Kinlochleven 22 miles.
The main town in the Western Highlands, Fort William lies on the banks of Loch Linnhe, and offers a wide variety of shops, and pubs which serve a fine selection of meals. The area boasts spectacular scenery and a plethora of walking opportunities, from gentle ambles to more strenuous expeditions, and of course, Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Ski enthusiasts will also enjoy the Nevis Range, a ski resort with a mountain gondola, along with a World Cup mountain biking course located just four miles from Fort William. For a more relaxing break, why not take a tour of the Ben Nevis Whisky Distillery, or visit the Glenfinnan Monument? An ideal location for exploring the best of the breathtaking West Highlands.