- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Carbost 3 miles. This traditional, stone-built detached Skye cottage occupies an elevated hillside location three miles from Carbost, and offers fantastic views over Fiskavaig Bay to MacLeod's Tables beyond. This Skye cottage would be ideal for a couple, a family or group of friends who will appreciate the unspoilt surroundings of their holiday cottage and want to spend time exploring the area or perhaps climbing a few mountains! Very well-appointed throughout, this comfortable, spacious Skye cottage offers flexible sleeping arrangements with a twin bedroom, a double bedroom and a single bedroom. The kitchen in this Skye cottage is well equipped, and the sitting room has big comfy sofas and a welcoming open fire, making it perfect for cosying up together at the end of a busy day. All the rooms in this Skye cottage are bright and airy and boast lovely sea views, the perfect sight to wake up to. The nearby village of Carbost is home to Skye's distillery and has a good shop, Post Office and inn serving local ale and seafood. The capital town of Portree is 21 miles away and is well worth a visit with its pretty harbour and good choice of shops and cafes. Drive 7 miles south and you will arrive at the fabulous sandy beach at Glenbrittle situated at the foot of some of the best known paths into the Cuillin Mountain range, making it ideal for either a relaxing or energetic day out. You will love this Skye cottage, its views, its tranquillity and its charm, all year round.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed lawned garden surrounding cottage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Beach 3 mins walk.
- “Beautiful cottage, stunning views”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Bayview Cottage. The bay at the front of the house was a great source of adventure for the children. The views were beautiful. The cottage had we needed for our week away and was well equipped and nicely furnished. It was easy to get to all the places that we wanted to across the island. We would love to come back again.”
- “A comfortable, well provisioned cottage, in an excellent location, with stunning views.”
- “A brilliant place to escape the rat race. It was peaceful & quiet with a lovely view over the loch.”
- “An lovely property which immediately felt welcoming, relaxing and friendly. Deceptively large property with good sized rooms. Good local facilities, an amazing place to stay.”
- “In a remote location next to a beach with copious numbers of cockles and a view over loch Bracadale.”
- “Stunning location with beautiful view of a breathtaking landscape. The cottage was excellent. Clean, well-appointed and obviously looked after.”
- “Bayview House is situated in a wonderful location. It sits just above Fiskavaig Bay and the views are lovely. It is a good sized house and very comfortable.”
- “Bayview House was the ideal base for our 2 week holiday on Skye - perfect location with stunning views, whatever the weather but especially at sunset. The house was cosy, comfortable and extremely well equipped - a real home from home. We hope to be back very soon!”
- “It is a lovely cottage in a fantastically beautiful setting, with good views of the bay that change every day depending on the weather. It is situated with easy access to all parts of Skye.”
About the location
Portree 18 miles.
Situated on the west coast of the Isle of Skye, the delightful village of Carbost offers uninterrupted views over Loch Harport and is made up of a variety of houses dating from the early 19th Century through to the modern day. Best known as the home to one of Scotland's finest distilleries, Talisker, who began producing c1825, the village also offers guided mountain walks and makes a great base from which to explore a variety of Skye attractions. The popular Dunvegan Castle, home to the MacLeod family who have been in residence since the 12th Century, is well worth a visit, as are the various museums located in the area, including the Toy Museum at Glendale and the Museum of Island Life at Kilmuir. With interactive exhibitions and forest trails at the award winning Aros Centre, there is something for the whole family to enjoy in this lovely holiday location.