- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Abbey Dore 2 miles. A fabulous detached barn conversion, dating back to 1715, set in a lovely rural location in a tranquil area offering delightful views of the Herefordshire countryside.
Beautifully converted, this magnificent Herefordshire holiday cottage combines many original features, such as original oak beams and exposed stone work, with modern contemporary comforts to provide delightful accommodation.
There are four character bedrooms at this Herefordshire cottage which have been beautifully furnished to offer spacious accommodation with two king-size double bedrooms having en-suite shower rooms, a ground floor twin with doors to the patio and a triple bedroom adjoining a luxurious bathroom.
This Herefordshire holiday cottage boasts a stunning living area with a modern fitted kitchen, cosy woodburning stove and underfloor heating with the added benefit of double doors onto the patio area where the distant views can be enjoyed.
Just short drives from this Herefordshire cottage are the Brecon Beacons National Park, the Black Mountains, the historic city of Hereford and the famous literary town of Hay-on-Wye.
Whatever you decide to do on your Herefordshire holiday, this lovely cottage will provide a wonderful base for you to return home to each night.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. 1 x family room with 3 singles, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with roll-top bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open-plan living area with kitchen, dining area (seats 9) and sitting area with woodburning stove. Games room with dart board, table tennis and pool table. Utility.
- Oil underfloor heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, telephone (emergency calls only), WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Two cots and highchairs available on request
- Ample off road parking
- Cycle storage available in games room
- Large enclosed rear garden with patio area, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 4 miles
- Note: No stag or hen parties
- Note: Check-in time is 4pm.
- Last minute
- “Excellent, home away from home”
- “Arrived at this super barn conversion and we were surprised at how homely and welcoming it was considering its size,there was plenty of room for every one and you did not feel like you were squashed in like a few of the places we have visited. the property had everything you could need ,plenty of crockery and kitchen utensils. the beds were of a high quality and extremely comfortable. The icing on the cake was the games room which every generation of our family enjoyed. This in my opinion is a great place for a family to relax and the cut flowers, chocolates, and wine left for us say to me that the owner really consider there guests every need. Would definitely recommend this property to anyone.”
- “Wonderful property”
- “A beautiful conversion in a very peaceful location. Attention to detail very high, the children especial liked the toys, dressing up clothes and games room. We had used it as a base from which our daughter was married and everyone loved it.”
- “as good as it gets”
- “wonderful property and location. Excellent service and reception including the prompt postal return of an item that we accidentally left behind. many thanks to the owners.”
- “Fabulous house, fabulous price, fabulous views!”
- “We were a group of 6 adults, 5 children and a baby, this house suited us perfectly. It was big enough that we weren't on top of each other all the time but we still felt all together. Beautiful quality finishes and fittings, I had best shower I've ever had!! Lovely peaceful countryside surrounds the house, it's quite a way to the nearest anything and a bit of a maze of roads but that only adds to the relaxing holiday experience. I can't recommend this house enough, we will definitely be back for a visit!”
- “Fabulous property with great views”
- “Bushmills is a very cosy well equipped property with amazing views across the valley.The games room was a great hit with our children and us.The local area is beautiful with many fantastic gardens( Abbey Dore Court) castles and tearooms. Great fish and chips from Ewyas Harold village”
- “Lovely place very very clean, we all loved it at Bushmills. We will definitely be booking again soon. The games room is very good and all of the beds are really comfortable. The Kitchen is new and modern and the seating area outside has lovely views.”
- “Excellent location to share a weekend with friends.”
- “Lovely, modernly refurbished, clean house. Ideal for our party with young children. A good kitchen/dinner/lounge for socialising. Close to Hereford. Mobile phone signal poor at the cottage. Enjoyed the comfy beds and games room.”
- “A fantastic holiday cottage for families.”
- “A first class holiday cottage geared towards families. Absolutely spotless and with everything we needed for our weeks stay last Christmas. We were made to feel very welcome and there was a christmas tree in the lounge with a small hamper of goodies and a puzzle each for our two grandchildren. The games room was an added bonus and was enjoyed by all, with a table tennis knockout competition throughout the week. The location had lovely views & was quiet with only a handful of properties in the small village, a car is necessary as there are no shops close by. The twin bedroom with a tv & shower room down stairs was great for my elderly father, who couldn't climb the stairs. All in all a fantastic holiday cottage.”
- “A very quiet house in a peaceful location. Very spacious and flexible accommodation. Very comfortable beds. Very roomy and comfortable parking. The owners were discreet, friendly, and attentive on the one occasion they were needed. We loved the location, its rural feel and the fact that genuine, country activities were going on around us. We'd certainly be happy to return.”
- “A well planned property with lots of space for two families to enjoy a relaxing break together. Beds very comfortable and kitchen very well equipped. Location excellent and owners very friendly but not intrusive at all. Brilliant holiday!”
- “A lovely cottage in a peaceful location. We all enjoyed our stay very much. The facilities and accommodation were just as we hoped. We particularly liked the space, the en suites and the games room.”
- “Bushmills was an amazing place to stay! It is a beautiful barn conversion in a stunning area. We were two families with 4 children 11-14y. Everything was immaculate and so comfortable. The property has everything you need. We would love to come again and will definitely recommend it to our friends.”
- “Excellent property. Would definitely recommend it to friends and would come again.”
- “A lovely place in an idyllic setting. The cottage had everything you could ever need and the local area has some lovely walking paths.”
- “The accommodation was superb for use by an extended family with an ideal layout of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the huge open plan living/dining area. The games room was a wonderful facility used by the children and adults alike. The beds were wonderfully comfortable. The gorgeous views from the property together with it's proximity to Hereford, Hay-on-Wye, Ross and Montgomery made for a wonderful base from which to explore the local area. We briefly met the owners who were friendly and helpful. Altogether a wonderful stay in a beautiful house. We were all sorry to leave!”
- “Excellent accommodation and an excellent welcome. A great way to enjoy the countryside and celebrate a 65th birthday.”
- “Thank you for a great family break, it is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday. The house was beautiful and there was more than enough space for us all.”
- “Wonderful accommodation. Very comfortable even with a full house of people!! Very warm.”
- “Overall a great place to stay! Quiet and very child friendly! My husband was enjoying jogging each morning as it's such a beautiful place to be. I wish we had more days to spend at Bushmills, we will definitely recommend it to other families!”
- “A beautiful house in a lovely location. Really appreciated the extra effort the owner went to to make the house cosy and attractive, as well as all the local area maps and information left for us. I would recommend this highly and hope to return.”
About the location
Hereford 12 miles; Abergavenny 15 miles; Hay-on-Wye 15 miles.
The pretty village of Abbey Dore is situated on the River Dore, at the southern end of the beautiful Golden Valley, close to the Brecon Beacons National Park and the Black Mountains. The village is home to the old established Abbey Dore Court Gardens, open to the public between April and September, Dore Abbey, founded in 1147 by Cistercian monks and restored to its present form in the 18th and 19th Century. Just 12 miles away is the ancient city of Hereford, which dates back to the 7th Century and is home to a magnificent cathedral, the famous 'chained library', Mappa Mundi and a medieval bridge over the winding River Wye. The wonderful market town of Hay-on-Wye, famous for its 30-plus book shops, excellent pubs, restaurants and antique shops, making it one of the most visited tourist attractions in Wales, is only 15 miles from Abbey Dore. Surrounded by pleasant orchards and cornfields, the village is also close to the Offa's Dyke and Wye Valley walks - a wonderful all year round location with plenty to see and do for all the family.