Peterchurch 3 miles.
Situated mid way between the beautiful cathedral city of Hereford and the quaint, internationally renowned town of Hay-on-Wye, this magnificent detached Herefordshire country house is set in 6-acres of grounds, in the rural hamlet of Vowchurch, boasting breathtaking views towards the Black Mountains, and offering amazing facilities with a wealth of character and style.
This superb Herefordshire cottage offers spacious accommodation, comprising a main house and an additional annexe accessed via a separate, external entrance, with eleven bedrooms in total, seven with en-suites.
Guests have access to several sitting rooms, one with a woodburner, a large dining room in the main house which seats 24, a sun room and a magnificent farmhouse-style kitchen/diner.
The private 1.5 acre formal garden offers seating and a swing, as well as a BBQ area overlooking the delightful mature garden and orchard.
Across the courtyard, you can relax and unwind in the inviting spa, with a private heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and even a gym area for the more energetic.
This outstanding Herefordshire cottage also has use of a games room with pool table.
With fabulous access to outstanding walks and cycle routes in every direction, this Herefordshire cottage makes a delightful retreat, and is the perfect place for a get together with family and friends.
Eleven bedrooms: Main house: Seven bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin, WC, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x double, 1 x family room with king-size double, day bed for a child & en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 3 single beds. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin, WC. Additional ground floor cloakroom with basin/WC. Kitchen with AGA, dining area & pantry. Utility. Dining room (seats 24). Sun room. Three sitting rooms (one with woodburner). Annexe: Four bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin, WC, 2 x ground floor doubles (one with French doors leading onto the garden), sharing Jack-and-Jill en-suite shower room, basin, WC.
- Oil central heating with woodburner & AGA (in use September - April) in main house
- Gas central heating in annexe
- Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x dishwashers, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, stereo/CD, iPod dock, books/games, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- 2 x cot & 2 x highchair
- Private use of large enclosed mature garden with swing
- Garden furniture with BBQs with seating area (refundable £30 deposit required for use of BBQs, payable direct to owner on arrival)
- Games room with pool table
- Private use of indoor heated swimming pool with sauna, Jacuzzi, gym & shower area with WC, HiFi with iPod dock
- Lockable bike storage
- Off road parking for 10 cars
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- Note: Small unfenced pond in garden
- Note: Outside catering available by prior arrangement with owner
- Note: Annexe accommodation is accessed via its own, external front door, next door to the main house
- Note: No fireworks or drones.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Hay-on-Wye 10 miles; Hereford 12 miles.
The village of Peterchurch, with its handful of pubs and restaurants, is situated on the River Dore in the beautiful Golden Valley, flanked by the Black Mountains to the west and gentle hills to the east. Just 10 miles away is the wonderful market town of Hay-on-Wye, famous for its 30-plus book shops, excellent pubs, restaurants and antique shops, making it one of the most visited tourist attractions in Wales. Surrounded by pastureland and woodland, covered in primroses, violets, celandine and bluebells during spring, the village is also close to the Offa's Dyke and Wye Valley walks. The epitome of picturesque England, the ancient city of Hereford lies 12 miles away and dates back to the 7th Century, boasting a magnificent cathedral, the famous 'chained library', and a medieval bridge over the winding River Wye. A great location with plenty to see and do for all the family.
The owner of The Croft also owns Bryngarth (Ref. 5951).
Please note: The number of people occupying this property should not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation. If you wish to invite additional guests, this must be agreed by the owner in advance.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute