- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Yarmouth 0.75 miles. Constructed on the site of a former boathouse, these seven Yarmouth self-catering apartments are in an enviable, idyllic location, situated on the shingle beach and coastal path, close to Fort Victoria Country Park, just to the west of the attractive harbour town of Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight. Renovated to a good standard, many of these Yarmouth self-catering apartments have sensational sea views, plus all have access to a private slipway for launching your own boat. Adjacent to these Yarmouth self-catering apartments is a licensed cafe, where you can sit out and eat alfresco. Yarmouth has lovely narrow streets to explore, and many shops and inns to enjoy, plus a visit to Henry VIII’s castle is essential. The highlights of the rest of the island, such as Tennyson Down, the beaches at Colwell and Totland bays and the towns of Newport and Ryde are all easily accessible. A great Yarmouth self-catering base looking out to an ever-changing seascape.
This delightful ground floor Yarmouth self-catering apartment provides cosy studio accommodation, with an open plan living area including sleeping area, and a separate shower room. This Yarmouth self-catering apartment is only seconds from the beach, coastal path, and a private slipway, and is perfect for a romantic retreat. Note: This apartment can be booked with Refs. 4220, 4221, 905105, 905106, 905107 and 906577, together they sleep 20.
All ground floor. Open plan studio accommodation with double bed, kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Note: Steps lead down to the door from the parking area.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Communal use of private shingle beach and slipway at the front of the boathouse
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Licensed cafe next door
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Property is very close to the beach; children and pets should be supervised
- Note: Swimming is discouraged outside the apartment due to the strong tide and currents.
- Last minute
- “Highly recommended!”
- “We booked the Sail Loft Annex through Sykes Cottages for a week's holiday. The booking process was straightforward and the information provided by Sykes was very useful. The apartment was clean and tidy with easy access to the beach although there was no sea view. However, this did not detract from our enjoyment of the holiday as the views over the water are superb and the location is ideal for walking and exploring the island generally. There is a bistro next door which serves an excellent Sunday carvery! The owner was courteous and helpful and we were made to feel welcome with our Jack Russell dog. We would certainly return to this place although we would try for one of the other apartments here with a sea view if possible.”
- “nice apartment”
- “This property is very clean and airey situated close to fort Victoria it would be ideal for weekend or midweek stay it is about a 20 minute walk into Yarmouth which is a delightful place with enough restaurants to eat differently each night. I said ideal for weekend stay mainly because there is only one wardrobe which is child size so okay to hang a few shirts/blouses we stayed for a week not enough room to hang all of our clothes so lived out of suitcases. The bathroom is a good size and plenty of hot water however the shower is very poor(had to run around to get wet). It is in a lovely location right on the shingle beach. The best apartments in this property are 1,2,3,4.”
- “Lovely studio apartment”
- “This apartment was one of the cleanest holiday rentals we have had, could not fault any of the inside, the location is amazing,but our only disappointment was that we were at the back of the building so we had no sea view, it did not spoil our holiday and we have booked for next year but an apartment at the front with a sea view.”
- “Peace by the sea”
- “Very nice studio style apartment. Close to the sea.”
- “The location was brilliant, especially with a dog, with the beach at one side and the country park at the other. Liked that it was a peaceful quiet location, that was close enough to somewhere a bit livelier if we felt like it. Plenty of cupboard space for clothes, food and everything else. Well set out for a small apartment, and perfect for two.”
- “Beautiful location. Very peaceful. Ideal for taking a dog. The town within easy walking distance. Would definitely return, probably to one of the other properties overlooking the sea.”
About the location
Newport 12 miles; Ryde 18 miles.
The attractive seaside town of Yarmouth is the oldest town on the Isle of Wight, and its busy harbour is a haven for all kinds of watercraft, with the terminal used for regular mainland ferry crossings to Lymington. Yarmouth’s narrow streets are home to an attractive array of shops and inns, whilst a visit to Henry VIII’s castle is not to be missed. There's great cycling (and a cycle hire shop) and walking to be had along the coastal path, or why not take an energetic stroll across to the nearby Tennyson Down via the Red Lion Inn next to Freshwater's Norman Church of All Saints? Sandhard beach is 15 minutes' walk away, and is ideal for swimming and crabbing from the jetty. Yarmouth's historic water mill is another good spot for crabbing. Four miles away is Compton Bay, famous for dinosaur remains; head there at low tide and see if you can find the two enormous three-toed feet. West Wight is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Yarmouth is an ideal base from which to explore this wonderful island.