- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This welcoming former fisherman's cottage is located in the heart of the village of St Helens on the Isle of Wight, opposite the traditional village green. Tastefully appointed throughout and a real home-from-home, this Isle of Wight cottage provides traditional seaside accommodation, ideal for couples or families looking to enjoy some quality time together in a good old fashioned English village. Located on one of the outstanding parts of the island, this St Helens cottage offers you a spacious sitting and dining area, perfect for those chilly evenings when all you want to do is unwind after a full day on the beach. Outside this Isle of Wight cottage is a long rear patio garden with two sitting areas surrounded by plants, perfect for outside dining any time of the day. The traditional village of St Helens offers some charming attractions, from rock pooling on the beautiful beach or dining in the beachside café, to watching cricket on the green while enjoying a bite to eat in a café, pub or restaurant. Just outside the village you will find Bembridge, which offers a busy harbour, full of pleasure crafts and fishing boats landing their daily catch, a good range of small shops including an award-winning butchers, outstanding local fishmongers, local produce greengrocers and an art gallery. Why not take a bracing walk up to Culver Down, experiencing the most stunning views looking towards the English Channel? The perfect Isle of Wight cottage for a traditional seaside holiday, at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels. Travel cot and highchair (attaches to dining chair) available. Parking in free car park on the green approx. 50 yards from cottage. Patio with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 min walk. Note: Patio is gated but communal pathway is shared with neighbours.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic time in the isle of wight”
- “We loved the cottage just right for us and our two children 6 months and 3. We are already planning a return trip next year. We particularly loved the location as st helens is lovely and there is a kids play area opposite and pub and beach nearby. Cottage just what we wanted, so useful to have a travel cot there as saved us bringing ours.”
- “A memorable stay in a pleasant village”
- “This was a very homely cottage, well equipped by the owner. Nice bedrooms, small but good kitchen & washing machine, and various toys under the stairs. It is situated on the large village green, with ameneties nearby for everyone - about 4 doors from a small shop, a similar distance from a pub that does meals, a general stores & post office a short walk past the pub, & for young Isaac there was a playground on the green literally the other side of the road. Everyone we met was friendly & very helpful! Then of course it is a few minutes walk down the hill to the coast. The only problem we encountered was the stairs are tricky with a small child (quite narrow & no banister rail & only stairgated at the bottom so supervision needed upstairs) and I imagine might be unsuitable if you happened to be a bit infirm. We had a great time and are grateful to the thoughtfulness of the owner.”
- “The setting of this Cottage was good being right on the village green. There were good restaurants in the village and the pub was very friendly and nearby. It was a good base for getting around to other parts of the Island and there are some good walks from the village.”
- “We had a super holiday; the beach, pub and the local shop were really close by. It is in a good position to get to loads of the islands beautiful places.”
- “The Cottage was cosy and close to the pub. The nearby beach was lovely and it is within easy reach of many of the Islands' popular places.”
- “Hope Cottage was a small but cosy home from home.”
- “Ideal location for us with two small children as play-park opposite and big village green to run around on. House well equipped for families with games and toys and plastic plates/cups etc. Also a stair-gate on the bottom of stairs and kitchen area.”
About the location
Bembridge 2 miles; Ryde 5 miles.
The village of St Helens lies in a coastal position on high ground, on the eastern side of the Isle of Wight, between Bembridge and Seaview. St Helens is a traditional English village, with the village green at the centre of village life, providing cricket and football pitches, a children’s playground and superb views right across Bembridge Harbour and Culver Down. The village also offers superb restaurants, tea room, pub, newsagent, Post Office and grocery store. A short walk takes you to The Duver, an NT area of shingle and sand, and once the site of a Royal links golf course. The beach here is very family friendly, with sand, shingle and lots of interesting rock pools, perfect for crabbing and mussel collecting. There is the popular Baywatch Café, with all the amenities you need for the perfect day at the beach, and stunning views of the Solent and St Helens Fort. The fort was built to protect Portsmouth from a French invasion between 1867 and 1880, and at the lowest tide of the summer, there is a mass walk of up to 2000 people from the beach out to the fort and back again, with driftwood fires and barbecues.