- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
102 Gills Cliff - The Deck Studio is an immaculately-presented, south-facing, self-catering studio apartment, excellently located in an elevated position above the delightful Victorian seaside town of Ventnor, on the Isle of Wight.
This self-catering apartment in Ventnor sits two storeys below Ref.
29353, boasts panoramic views across the English Channel and is luxuriously appointed throughout, providing spacious and comfortable accommodation, with personal attention to detail.
102 Gills Cliff - The Deck Studio in Ventnor is the perfect self-catering retreat for couples seeking comfort, tranquillity and style in an atmosphere of informal luxury, while exploring the beautiful Isle of Wight.
This bright and spacious Ventnor apartment is set over the entire ground floor, from which you can relish the stunning views, even from the comfort of your king-size bed.
From the off road parking space, steps lead down to your self-catering Ventnor apartment, which is located at the back of the main house.
The apartment boasts a private south-facing decked area with outstanding sea views, perfect for enjoying a BBQ or just relaxing with a glass of wine while soaking up the sun.This self-catering apartment in Ventnor has been lovingly created with your wellbeing in mind, and benefits from those special touches that will make you stay one to remember.
All ground floor. King-size double bedroom with sitting area and panoramic coastal views. Dressing room. Bathroom with bath, hand shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area.
- Electric convector heating with gas-fired water heating system
- Two plate electric hob, microwave/combination oven, fridge, 37" HD TV with full Sky+ HD package, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, CDs and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Please bring own beach towels
- Off road parking for one car
- Decked front terrace with furniture (set at back of main house)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, harbour, pubs and restaurants 10 mins downhill walk, bus stop 2 mins walk
- Note: Apartment has lower than average ceilings (6' 5'')
- Note: Ventnor is set on a very steep hill, it may take longer to walk back to the property from the beach, shops etc
- Note: No babies or children
- Note: Although it offers ground floor accommodation, the apartment is accessed down a flight of stairs, and as such does not offer wheelchair access.
- “An excellent place to stay!”
- “The place is wonderfully situated, overlooking the sparkling sea above the roofs of houses lower down the hill, enjoying the sun on the patio during the day, surrounded by flowers in the owners' lovely and well-kept garden. They are charming and helpful people, very concerned about their guests and friendly and sympathetic to talk with. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well-furnished in harmonious colours, with lovely design touches in pictures and decorations. So nice to find a decanter of port and a pack of chocolates as a welcome gift! And so many books, DVDs and music CDs to enjoy if you fancy a day relaxing there, perhaps flopped on the patio's sun loungers, rather than touring. A place to return to!”
- “Neat studio with great view”
- “Very neat apartment ,comfortable ,well equipped with large decked area with all you need for alfresco living topped off with great sea views and peace and quiet”
- “Lovely terrace and view”
- “We spent seven days in the studio deck apartment and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. If you Re particularly tall a couple of the doors are a bit low but that was not a problem for us. There was enough room for all our needs and the apartment was clean and had nice extra touches such as cereal, milk, tea etc to start off your visit and bathrobes and slippers provided. The decked area is ideal to sit out and enjoy the view. A BBQ is provided on he decked area. The owners live above the deck studio and they have another flat for rent above their property but we never felt overlooked at all as they were completely unobtrusive. The owners are very polite and friendly and happy to be approached if you do need any help or advice. There is plenty to do on the IOW and I would recommend this property. The only point that I would mention is that it is a very steep walk up/down hill to Ventnor.”
- “A great Pl,ace to Stay”
- “The apartment is lovely. It is well equipped (even a telescope for watching shipping in the middle of the English Channel) and the bed is extremely comfortable. There is a nice secluded terrace for warm days. I would reccommend it to anyone. As a bonus the owners (who live above)are friendly and helpful but unless you want to ask for (or need) anything they stay out of sight - absolutely perfect.”
- “Beautiful sea views from inside and outside the property!”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here over easter for 3 nights. The outside decking area is a real highlight, with sun loungers, deck chairs and a table to eat al-fresco if the weather allows. Inside, the property is beautifully decked out. It is cosy but with ample space - though beware the ceilings are quite low and you need to duck to enter the main door. There are lots of lovely touches, including breakfast goodies provided for the first day. Water hot, reasonable Wi-fi, and Sky TV available too. The owners live upstairs, and are available if you have any queriers, but do not disturb your stay in any way. Ventnor itself is a great location. Very picturesque Victorian seaside town built on steep hill. There is so much to explore nearby and around the Isle of Wight. You won't be bored!”
- “A nice little hideaway, peaceful with beautiful views. Excellent hosts.”
- “102 Gills Cliff was well presented, spacious, with wonderful sea views, and full of lovely touches. Owner was a lovely host and we had time to chat with them and share something about each other. Pace of life in Isle of Wight was slow and relaxing!”
- “The standard of the accommodation was excellent. Places to visit on the island were numerous and well-appointed. The weather was exceptional!”
- “Beautiful decking area and table - great for enjoying breakfast with a view. Apartment very tastefully decorated, with breakfast goodies for the first day supplied. Hosts very welcoming.”
- “It was, as always, perfect.”
- “The cottage/studio is very well positioned, with welcoming unobtrusive owners. It is a beautiful relaxing cottage. The Deck Studio is clean, spacious and a definite gem of a place to stay. The sea views just make it that little bit special.”
- “Comfortable accommodation and thoughtful small touches which we really appreciated. Nice friendly landlords, nothing was too much trouble.”
- “The apartment is beautiful, the owners are very friendly & helpful, and the views are absolutely stunning. We enjoyed everything on this holiday, it was fantastic and would definitely return again. We would highly recommend it to anybody.”
- “It was set in a lovely location with beautiful views, the surrounding area was lovely and peaceful. It was easy to navigate around the town and island.”
About the location
Newport 10 miles; Cowes 15 miles.
The quaint Victorian seaside resort of Ventnor is located at the southern end of the island and accessed via an array of steep winding roads set amidst beautiful scenery. Sheltered by St. Boniface Down, one of the island's highest points and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this charming town has a uniquely mild climate enabling tropical and exotic plants to grow throughout the area. The sandy and fine shingle beaches provide excellent facilities for watersports and offer a range of stunning coastal paths to explore, whilst the harbour sells a broad range of fresh fish and seafood. A good variety of shops, pubs and restaurants line the esplanade, whilst the Botanical Gardens are within easy reach and well worth a visit. With plenty to see and do around the island for all the family, including great walking and cycling opportunities, medieval castles, historic houses and a variety of gardens and waterfalls, this great holiday destination has plenty to offer all year round.