- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Hoath House is a medieval manor house set in magnificent grounds on the High Weald overlooking the border between Kent and Sussex in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This stunning manor house between Edenbridge and Tunbridge Wells has been extensively refurbished to provide a spectacular holiday cottage with spacious quality accommodation, perfect for families and friends looking to celebrate special events together in impressive style. Set over three floors, this Kent manor house boasts seven bedrooms, six with en-suite facilities and five with a double sofa bed with another sofa bed in the second floor snug. Every bedroom has been carefully styled by the owner to create a lavish, welcoming feel and the master bedroom even has an original art deco bathroom with a wow factor all of its own. The large fitted kitchen at this Chiddingstone cottage boasts a superb range cooker and the dining room can be laid in a formal style for up to twenty people, so you can truly celebrate that special birthday, anniversary or even your wedding! The sitting room has plenty of original features including a warming open fire and a large bay window which throws light into all areas. It is complemented by a snug on the second floor, seating areas in the hall and on the landing, and a library/games room which contains both an open fire and a woodburner, a wide selection of books, a snooker table and even a grand piano. Alternatively, you may wish to sip a glass of wine on the terrace at this luxurious Chiddingstone cottage before stepping back through the French doors to the dining room. With stunning views over the manicured gardens and beyond to the renowned Weald of Kent, guests can relax while walking through the grounds, or for those who enjoy something a little more energetic then there is also a tennis court in the grounds. If you can bring yourself to leave this lovely Chiddingstone manor house for more than a few hours, then why not play a round of golf at one of the four courses close by, or visit a castle or two with Penshurst Place, Chiddingstone and Hever castles within 3 miles. Take a drive into the beautiful Kent and Sussex countryside or maybe pop up to London for the day, just forty five minutes by train from Edenbridge. No matter what you spend your day doing, you can relax in the knowledge that Hoath House will be there to welcome you back. Note: This property can be booked with Ref: 916860, together they sleep 43.
Over three floors. Seven bedrooms with TV (all super king-size doubles are zip/link, can be twin on request and five rooms have a sofa bed): 1 x super king-size double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x super king-size double with three steps down to en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x super king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x second floor super king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x second floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Two ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast table (seats 6). Utility. Dining room (seats 20). Sitting room (seats 18) with open fire. Second floor snug with sofa bed. Library/games room with grand piano, half-size snooker table, table tennis, woodburner and open fire. Hall with seating area. Reading area on landing.
Oil central heating with woodburner and open fire. Range electric oven and hob, microwave, 2 x fridge/freezers, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwashers, 9 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and fuel for fires inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Off road parking for 10 cars. Six-acre garden with lawns, patios and furniture. Hard tennis court (please bring own balls/rackets). Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: All second floor rooms including the landing have sloping ceilings. Note: There are 3 steps up to two first floor bedrooms from landing and there are 4 steps up to games room from hall.
Note: Amplified music other than played through the system in the property is not allowed.
- Last minute
- “Went here for my friends wedding amazing location and amazing place would recommend this to anyone absolutely lovely weekend away”
- “happy gathering with room to move”
- “This was my 60th birthday gathering so age ranges from 20 to 85 no children. The owner was friendly and welcoming and happy to talk about its history. The house was large enough to give us all space and enough entertainment to keep a range of ages occupied.bedrooms were clean and spacious with enough linen. in the lounge it was lovely to sit around the fire although furniture was well worn. There was an audio system for games room and lounge. The kitchen was well supplied with cutlery and crockery we used local outside caterers "Ronnie" and they were happy with facilities and produced excellent meal. Outside plenty of space even though cold managed to play croquet and breakfast outside. Lovely walks and short walk to local pub which was very friendly. Lots of places of interest close by”
- “Fantastic house”
- “7 couples had an amazing weekend in the wonderful Hoath House. House perfect. Grounds lovely. Only attention needed is tennis court as kept losing our balls because of old surround”
- “The house was full of character and very spacious. The bedrooms and en suites were of a very high standard and the owner was relaxed and friendly.”
- “It was a great venue for our family which included 10 children. A wonderful garden to explore, trees to climb, places to hide and a house with numerous nooks and crannies to discover.”
- “Hoath House is a gorgeous house in which to stay. The bedrooms and ensuites/bathroom very good indeed. The beds were some of the most comfortable we have ever slept in and upstairs furnishings were of a very good, if not excellent quality. The gardens superb.”
- “An amazing house in an idyllic setting. The gardens are beautiful, we were able to play rounders in one part of them. The owner was quick to respond to any queries and was very helpful. Even though there were so many of us there was plenty of space, and we all had a great time. Highly recommend.”
- “WOW! If there was a category for "excellent-er" this would have been ticked! A fabulous week and a fabulous location. Nobody wanted to leave. THANK YOU.”
- “An amazing house and grounds, we have already booked for next year. The owner was very friendly and accommodating.”
- “Wonderful location, Hoath House is an amazing house, such great character with superb sized rooms and facilities. Honestly it went so well. We had such a wonderful weekend. A write up of the trip can be found in our club newsletter: http://www.newsheridanclub.co.uk/newsletters/Newsletter_100.pdf. Hopefully a return visit is on the cards :) I hope to be in touch! Many thanks again Harrison, Priya and The New Sheridan Club”
- “Hoath House is amazing, full of character and charm. Loved everything about it. If there's anything you need the owner brought it immediately. We were 24 people and every one of them say the same.”
- “The property and garden are superb, it was a real privilege to stay there. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms all worked well. It was really nice to have the games room so close to the sitting room so that everyone was close together. We were blessed with good weather which meant we could enjoy the garden and the outdoor games provided. Having 2 cookers and fridges was great.”
- “Hoath House is a beautiful house in a stunning setting.The games room was a bonus and we enjoyed the snooker and table tennis. The gardens are gorgeous with interesting plants, beautifully tended, surrounded by nothing but breathtaking English countryside. The children enjoyed the tree swings and could run around safely. The rooms are a very good size and the beds extremely comfortable. Hoath House is a lovely with a great atmosphere. We congratulated ourselves on our choice!”
- “The gardens were well appointed. The open fires with plenty of logs were welcome. The games room and tennis court were a bonus as well as a large lawn for football. There were some interesting books in the library. Communications and organisation of bedrooms were good .”
- “It was spacious and generally well presented. The gardens were much more attractive and well set out - the details/website do not do it justice. Lovely peaceful location that was handy for many excursions.”
About the location
Hever 3 miles; Edenbridge 5 miles; Lingfield 10 miles; Tunbridge Wells 10 miles.
The Tudor village of Chiddingstone can be traced back to the 12th century. Situated on the borders of Sussex and Kent, it offers visitors the perfect place to stay when exploring the many historic houses and castles in this part of the country. You can visit one of the five pubs in the local area, with each pub offering different activities from folk nights to walking tours around the village. If historic houses are your interest, then you are truly spoilt for choice. Hever Castle, the ancestral home of Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII's second wife, is close by so step back in time and wander the rooms and gardens where this famous Tudor King first met the lady that would change the history of England forever. The village of Hever was built to house the many followers the King took with him when visiting his noblemen. If you fancy a round of golf, there are four golf courses in this vicinity, including The King and Queen Championship Course which is host to the Kent PGA and Kent Open. Lingfield Racecourse is just a short drive away, so have a flutter and either celebrate in style or drown your sorrows, but whatever you do you will be planning your return to this beautiful part of Kent.