- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Bardsea 2 miles.
This is a stunning beach-style cottage, nestling on the shore overlooking Morecambe Bay, perfectly located for beachcombing and watching the sunset at the end of the day.
Carefully appointed throughout to provide bright and airy accommodation, this Lake District cottage is perfect for families wishing to enjoy the seaside location with the benefit of being on the doorstep of the beautiful Lake District National Park.
Set on the ground floor, this Baycliff cottage has three bedrooms with an open plan living area with large picture windows looking out across the sea; the ideal spot to set up the telescope and focus in on the local wildlife, plus the cosy living area has a woodburner, perfect for chilly winter nights.
Outside this Baycliff cottage by the sea is a large patio area with direct access on to the beach; perfect for relaxing in this quiet oasis.
The quiet village of Baycliff is just a three-minute walk away and has a popular pub serving excellent food, a farm shop and a large play park for children.
With the tip of Lake Windermere being 14 miles away, this coastal cottage near Bardsea is a perfect base for exploring the Lake District and visiting the popular villages of Ambleside, Bowness and Grasmere.
For younger visitors, there is the South Lakes Animal Park and the Aquarium of the Lakes.
The bustling town of Ulverston is just a ten-minute drive away, offering some excellent restaurants and shops, as well as a colourful calendar of festivals, including a Dickensian and Flag Festival, where you'll find a wonderful town atmosphere.
The town also has The Laurel and Hardy Museum, a perfect pick-me-up on a wet day.
This beachside cottage near Bardsea is a little gem to be enjoyed all year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed and woodburner.
- Electric heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed, large patio area with furniture
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful Cottage, amazing location”
- “This cottage is situated at the end of a quiet lane right on the beach. We booked in for a week but would have happily stayed longer as it was very comfortable. The cottage is small but perfectly formed and was a great bolt hold to come back to after a day out exploring the local area. The log fire heated the cottage up very quickly and made snuggling down on a night with a glass of wine very relaxing. We traveled as a family of four with 2 additional fury family members in tow - the dogs loved having the beach so close (made the early morning walk nice and easy) as well as all the other great dog friendly attractions the Lakes has to offer. The local pub (Farmers Arms) was a huge hit with everyone (especially the dogs), food and service were second to none - this place should be a must for anyone staying at the cottage. Roys Ices also shouldn't be missed out on, great selection of ice creams to help finish off the end of each day. Will definitely be back!!!!”
- “Beautiful beachside location”
- “I have just got back from a 4 night stay at Driftwood Cottage with my husband, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, their two young children and two Whippets. It was a bit of a squeeze but we were out and about most of the time anyway. There isn't much to do within walking distance but we had two cars so wasn't much of an issue. We went to the local pubs Farmers Arms and the Ship Inn for tea both were lovely but preferred The Ship Inn as it was a bit more child friendly and owners were lovely. The cottage itself is beautiful, clean and well equipped. The owner Amy obviously pays attention to detail. The door handle broke and we reported it to Sykes. Amy rang us immediately and sorted out a locksmith to come and fix it. The wood burner was great and we sued it most nights as it warmed the entire cottage quickly. The dogs (and us!) loved having the beach on our doorstep for long windy walks. I would love to come back in the summer as I hear the beach is nice and quiet but it is all booked up till November! A sign of how great this place is. Tranquil, peaceful, relaxing stay away from the hustle and bustle. Will definitely be back soon!”
- “Great Location”
- “Situated right on the beach which was a perfect location for walking the dogs. The cottage was very well equiped with a modern kitchen and comfortable bedrooms. The panoramic views from the lounge were superb. If you want a relaxing and tranquil break in easy reach of the Lake District this is the place for you with or without pets.”
- “Quant Little Chalet”
- “It is a quaint little chalet right next to the beach. Fantastic views across the Bay of Morcombe. The windows in the chalet are south facing to lounge gets quiet warm in the day time. Decor in chalet is very nice good facilities. Free WiFi Bedrooms a little small but adequate. Beds very comfortable. Nice bedding. Electric storage heaters and a log burner heating was more than efficient. Lovely garden area to sit out in with ample of out side seating. Drive way into property is a little tight. Lane down to the property is very narrow. Good access to the South Lakes area few miles from Barrow in Furness and Ulverston. Really enjoyed my stay would defo like to use again. Owners leave you to get on and don't bother you, but any problems a phone call and they would do every effort to solve any issues.”
- “The location of the cottage is excellent. The long windows in the lounge enabled an amazing view and the whole place had a comfortable and cosy feel about it.”
- “Loved the cottage. Not only is it in a wonderful location right by the beach, it has a real cosy nautical vibe. Loved the décor and the views. It was fab having a log burner and a dishwasher. Enjoyed using the telescope, loved everything about it.”
- “The location is absolutely fantastic - even in a wet and windy January. Driftwood is a lovely, cosy cottage, with splendid views over the Bay and great facilities.”
- “The Scandinavian vibe of the cabin was lovely and the laminate floor was practical for the dogs. The closeness to the beach was amazing, it made it very relaxing. The view through the large picture window out on the estuary was amazing. Having Wifi and a dishwasher was a bonus.”
- “Ideal location for pet Lovers! Cottage excellent.”
- “Location near the beach- good for dogs to enjoy freedom without being on the lead all of the time as beach is fairly quiet. Pub at the top of the road was nice and friendly. The local town is nice with good choice of shops.”
- “The location of the cottage is fantastic, just a few steps from the door and you are on the beach. The dogs loved it.”
- “An unbeatable location in a chalet style accommodation, with some really nice touches and a panoramic view over Morecambe Bay from the lounge! Peaceful and quiet. We were sorry to leave!”
- “Very enjoyable time at Driftwood Cottage, very quiet and relaxing, had the whole beach to ourselves! The cottage was very well equipped with good quality pans, plates, mugs etc. The beds and duvets were very comfortable. We would love to return.”
- “The cottage was lovely and just what we needed at this time of the year, a short break in a lovely location. I would love to return. When arranging to get the key with the owner, she was helpful and polite.”
- “Stunning location on the beach and perfect for our walking weekend. An extremely comfortable cottage with good quality beds, bedding and kitchen equipment, providing everything needed for a self catering holiday for the three of us. The wood burner and heaters ensured that we were warm and cosy despite the howling winds and rain. The views from the living room were spectacular and in better weather we would have made use of the patio and plentiful garden furniture. A return in calmer weather a real possibility!”
- “Location perfect for visiting family and for beach access. One of the best equipped kitchens we have come across in holiday rentals! Fantastic views and a great base for exploring the Lakes.”
About the location
Ulverston 2 miles.
Set on a hill looking across to Morecambe Bay is the small village of Bardsea. This remote area grew from a small fishing village and farming area into a major transportation link for coal, iron ore and corn. No longer a vital port, Bardsea still retains its fishing heritage, and features a pub serving fine ales and good food. The village is close to spectacular Furness Abbey, while the ancient market town of Ulverston is just 2 miles away, and still has a street market every Thursday and Saturday, plus many festivals throughout the year, including an amazing lantern procession in September and a superb Dickensian weekend in early December. With all the attractions of the Lake District National Park, beaches and good birdwatching of the Furness coast close by, this peaceful and quiet area has plenty to offer.