- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Cartmel 1 mile.
A delightful terraced cottage situated on the outskirts of the pretty village of Allithwaite, on the stunning Cartmel Peninsula.
Set in a lovely position with views of the surrounding countryside, this Allithwaite cottage provides a perfect base for a small family or a group of friends to get together and enjoy this beautiful area.
The comfortable, well-equipped accommodation at this Allithwaite cottage features three attractive bedrooms, one boasting an en-suite, a familybathroom, a cosy sitting room with woodburner and a spacious kitchen/diner with glass doors leading to the patio area.
Outside this Allithwaite cottage there is a delightful courtyard area with patio, which provides a great spot for relaxing with a good book or simply a place to watch the world go by.
Within walking distance of this Allithwaite cottage are lovely fell walks, a pub serving fine ales and good food, and just 2 minutes' walk away is the village shop and Post Office opposite a playground that the little ones will love.
This Allithwaite cottage is an ideal holiday location to get away from it all and enjoy this quiet, unspoilt corner of the Lake District.
The Lake District National Park, Lakeland Motor Museum, the old village of Cartmel and the pleasant Victorian seaside resort of Grange-over-Sands are all within easy reach, making this Allithwaite cottage a superb base.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor twin, 1 x single with 2'6" full-height pull-out bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games, DVDs, maps and walking guides
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional fuel for woodburner on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot with cot sheets and highchair
- Roadside parking by the cottage
- Lockable storage for bikes, small boats etc
- Enclosed courtyard with patio, furniture and small front garden
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 2 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk, both uphill on the way back
- Note: Cartmel Races weeks 2015 charged at £630.
About the location
Cartmel 2 miles; Grange-over-Sands 2 miles.
The lovely village of Allithwaite is idyllically located on the western edge of the Cartmel Peninsula, at the edges of the Lake District and Morecambe Bay. Described as being “set like a jewel in a cloak of green”, this village provides a shop, Post Office and a local pub serving food. The historic village of Cartmel, renowned as the prettiest in the Lake District, is just 2 miles away, and boasts charming streamside walks, quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, traditional pubs and the acclaimed Michelin Star-awarded L'Enclume restaurant. It is also home to the famous priory and racecourse. The picturesque Edwardian seaside resort of Grange-over-Sands is also within 2 miles and features a traffic-free promenade, delightful ornamental gardens, a choice of golf courses and excellent birdwatching opportunities. A superb base from which to enjoy this magical area.
- Last minute