- Hot tub
- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A spacious detached cottage in the landscaped grounds of Eden Lodge, a country house on the outskirts of Bardsea, one mile from the traditional Lakeland market town of Ulverston and a short walk from Ulverston Golf Course.
Set in beautiful, mature parkland overlooking Morecambe Bay, this Bardsea cottage provides an ideal base for families and groups of friends to get together and enjoy the beautiful Furness Peninsula and its attractions.
There is a spacious sitting room in this Bardsea cottage, with an adjoining conservatory/summer room and doors to a private garden.
There is also a spacious master bedroom with en-suite shower room; a further five well laid-out bedrooms and an unusual first floor farmhouse-style kitchen with large table and a small wooden balcony area.
Offering country living at its best, this Bardsea cottage provides that little bit of extra luxury with its own private, roofed outdoor six-seater hot tub and a large wood-fired hexagonal sauna.
The beach is a leisurely ten minute walk away from this Bardsea cottage, and the Manjushri Buddhist Temple and its beautiful wooded grounds are close by, whilst Ulverston Golf Club is also just a few minutes' walk away.
The festival town of Ulverston is just one mile away from this cottage in Bardsea, with its many pubs, restaurants and bi-weekly market, while the sandy beaches of the Furness coast, and Coniston, with its mountain biking, climbing and watersports are just a short drive away.
An excellent holiday base with a touch of luxury.
Note: This property is in the grounds of Ref. 918339, together they sleep 39.
Six bedrooms: 1 x four poster double, 1 x twin, 2 x ground floor twin (one zip/link, can be super king-size double on request), 1 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor family room with 3 singles. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area (also accessed by external wooden staircase). Sitting room with gas fire leading to conservatory/summer room with table tennis. Roofed hot tub. Wood-fired sauna in external hut.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Gas range cooker with 6-ring hob, electric double oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack of firewood for sauna inc. in rent
- Additional firewood available on an honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchairs available
- Small landscaped garden area with furniture
- Access to grounds and woodland
- Private, luxury roof-covered hot tub
- Large wood-fired sauna in external hut
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 mile
- Note: Please confirm with the owner if you would like the zip/link beds made up as doubles at least 14 days prior to your arrival
- Note: Hot tub unavailable from 4pm on Thursdays for weekly cleaning/maintenance
- Note: Unfenced ponds in grounds, children to be supervised
- Note: No stag or hen parties at this property.
About the location
Ulverston 2 miles.
Set on a hill looking across to Morecambe Bay is the small village of Bardsea. This remote area grew from a small fishing village and farming area into a major transportation link for coal, iron ore and corn. No longer a vital port, Bardsea still retains its fishing heritage, and features a pub serving fine ales and good food. The village is close to spectacular Furness Abbey, while the ancient market town of Ulverston is just 2 miles away, and still has a street market every Thursday and Saturday, plus many festivals throughout the year, including an amazing lantern procession in September and a superb Dickensian weekend in early December. With all the attractions of the Lake District National Park, beaches and good birdwatching of the Furness coast close by, this peaceful and quiet area has plenty to offer.
- Last minute