- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
High Lane Farm
Newbiggin-on-Lune 1 mile. In a quiet, rural location just a mile from the Cumbrian village of Newbiggin-on-Lune, in the heart of the Howgills, these three Lake District cottages are located on a family-run farm in tranquil and relaxing surrounds. These delightful Grade II listed Newbiggin-on-Lune cottages have been carefully created from old farm buildings, and each has been comfortably furnished and decorated, retaining character and charm, including original features, oak beams and exposed stonework. Featuring upside down accommodation, the cottages have open plan living areas on the first floor to take advantage of the lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Positioned in spacious grounds, each of these Lake District self-catering cottages has outdoor seating and enjoys shared use of all the lawned and terraced areas, including a fabulous children’s play area. Enjoy a tour around the farm and hear stories about what it's like to be a farmer in the countryside. For those wishing to escape into quiet and solitude, a short walk onto Horton Fell will reward you with stunning views of the Lune Valley. For the strenuous treks, the Howgill Fells offer challenging walking and biking activities whilst paragliding is also available. Trout fishing is available locally at Bessie Beck plus excellent bird watching at Sunbiggin Tarn, whilst for a rainy day Platform 3 Play, a children’s activity centre, provides a great day out for the children. The local pub makes an excellent evening out, with live music and good ales whilst at Ravenstonedale there are two renowned gastropubs. These Lake District cottages offer something for all the family, with water sports, outdoor pursuits, golf courses, peaceful walks and breathtaking views at every turn.
A semi-detached cottage on a working farm, this property offers upside down accommodation with an open plan living area with a Juliet balcony and one comfortable bedroom. Note: This cottage has an interconnecting door with Ref 17244 to accommodate 8, and is also next to Ref 17243 to accommodate 13 people in total.
One ground floor family bedroom with 2 king-size doubles (zip/link, can be 4 singles or 1 double and 2 singles on request). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with door to Juliet balcony.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Private patio area with furniture and BBQ
- Shared paddock with children's play area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pubs 2 miles
- Note: Washing and drying facility available through owner.
- Last minute
- “Lovely Rural Cottage”
- “We enjoyed a weeks stay with our 2 dogs at this excellent cottage, it has walks straight from the door and surrounded by open fields which our dogs loved. A very well presented, cosy peaceful cottage with upside down accommodation to appreciate the great views. Great walks in the nearby villages of Ravenstonedale & Newbiggin on Lune with good pubs which all allow dogs and serve great food. Very friendly & helpful owners...will highly recommend this cottage and will return again.”
- “GREAT CHRISTMAS BREAK”
- “Lovely cottage with great owners who were really nice and very helpful to us. Huge fenced off field which our dog, Shadow, absolutely loved. Definitely would recommend for people who want some peace, quiet, amazing views in the day and star-gazing at night. Two dog friendly pubs, only a 30 mins scenic walk away, both with nice menus and decor. If you like a steak then the Kings Head is a must! A Merry Christmas was had by all. Many thanks to Diane and Michael for our stay xxx”
- “Really nice place .clean, cosy,and the owners so friendly. Just off the main road in easy reach of the dales and the lakes. Beautiful walks close by great for the dogs. Private and the bed was so soft I didn't want to get up. In all a very nice place.”
- “Comfortable accommodation in ideal location.”
- “A comfortable cottage in a perfect location. A warm welcome from a friendly family, 2 local pubs within walking distances offering good food and entertainment.”
- “A great place to stay with good walks from the doorstep. Perfect for a relaxing break.”
- “Lovely rural Cottage with upside down accommodation to appreciate the excellent views of the surrounding area. Ideal for our dogs with fields and walks straight from the door, so peaceful and quiet. Will highly recommend this property and will definitely be returning again.”
- “Hayloft Cottage was perfect in every way.”
- “Absolutely idyllic, we will be back!”
- “Excellent peaceful location .”
- “Hayloft Cottage gave us everything we wanted. Lovely cottage, gorgeous scenery, fresh air, country smells and the sounds of the lowing and bleating of animals made a welcome change. The cottage itself was warm, clean and very comfortable. I am sure that it won't be long before we return to this idyllic location.”
About the location
Kirkby Stephen 6 miles; Sedbergh 12 miles.
The tranquil village of Newbiggin-on-Lune lies at the foot of the Howgill Fells, quietly sitting between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks. It is a delightful rural village with a thriving local community and many traditional old dwellings. Hill farming is the principal means of income in the area and an agricultural show is still held once a year on the fells, echoing the markets and shows of days gone by. The local river, the Lune for which the village was named, is very popular for trout fishing. Nearby Ravenstonedale, once described by Wainwright as one of Westmorland’s loveliest villages, boasts three pubs, all serving fine ales and modern cuisine. The area offers many walking and cycling routes, both on and off road, whilst the nearby attractions provide something for everybody. Visit the Settle to Carlisle Railway Line, the magnificent Howgill Fells and the stunning Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks. A superb location at any time of the year.