- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A superb semi-detached cottage located in the charming village of Cark in Cartmel, just a couple of miles from the ancient priory village of Cartmel, and just 20 minutes’ drive away from Lake Windermere in the beautiful Lake District.
The cosy sitting room at this Cark in Cartmel cottage boasts a wonderful woodburning stove set into an impressive inglenook fireplace, comfy sofas and a beautiful wooden floor, which all combine to provide a truly welcoming room.
The spacious kitchen is equipped to a high standard and has a door leading to a small enclosed patio area.
Upstairs, there are two delightful double bedrooms, one with an original fireplace, and an excellent shower room.
Just a short walk from this Cark in Cartmel cottage is an excellent pub, the Rose and Crown, and village store.
The beautiful Holker Hall and Gardens are within walking distance where guests can enjoy the tasty food served in their café/restaurant.
The quaint village of Cartmel, famous for its ancient priory, racecourse and award-winning restaurants, is just 2 miles away.
The area is also perfect for walkers with a wide variety of terrain to explore with the Lake District peninsula and the Cumbrian Fells both within easy reach.
A perfect Cark in Cartmel cottage, to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
Two double bedrooms. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with woodburning stove and dining area.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Double electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking
- Secure bike storage
- Patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Last minute
- “Me and my husband stayed for a long weekend in October with our 2 dogs. The cottage was well equipped and very comfortable. The log burner was a nice addition and we found the cleanliness of the cottage very good. Nice hot shower and comfy beds just what you need after a long walk. The local area was excellent for walking and the local pubs are great too.”
- “excellent accomodation”
- “This cottage was everything we hoped for and more fitted out to a very high spec generally and for a foodie like me who loves to cook the kitchen could not have been better. huge comfy beds and a terrific shower . we would have liked more specific instruction about use of dvd player and the timer on the central heating but we worked it out eventually. I would recommend this cottage to anyone”
- “Was so clean when we arrived! Well equipped kitchen, lovely shower and the log burner just topped it off on an evening!”
- “A beautiful little cottage which was very comfortable and cosy. It had everything required for a pleasant stay; the lovely kitchen had everything that you would want and the wonderful shower was just what's needed after a days walking. There are two dog friendly pubs with good food only minutes walk away and a good shop. The cottage is nicely situated for both the lakes and the coast and very handy for Cartmel races.”
- “Really enjoyed our stay at Mulberry Cottage. The Cottage was well equipped with everything we required and it was absolutely spotless. Cannot wait to visit again.”
- “We found this lovely cottage very easily, it is in very good decorative order and very clean. We liked the cottage and the area so much, we came straight back and booked again!”
- “The cottage was well equipped and was very cosy. Everything you needed was provided. We really enjoyed our stay.”
- “An ideal cottage in a lovely location. People in the village were friendly and there were plenty of walks available for us and our dog.”
- “It was relaxing. Great location and lovely cottage with super facilities.”
- “Nice quiet location and lovely cottage. Great village 2 good pubs. Will use the cottage again.”
- “Mulberry Cottage is well equipped and very well decorated with good facilities”
- “Great kitchen, really well equipped. Good location - pub was seconds away! We had an idyllic time, we went to the Lakes to climb in fells plus visit friends and we achieved both. At the cottage we cooked dinner and sat in front of the stove feeling very content. It was a wrench to leave!”
- “Fantastic accommodation. For myself, a keen cook, the kitchen was a cooks heaven, it was very well equipped. It also had the most comfortable beds and a huge brilliant shower with endless hot water. All round a great place to stay, would highly recommend this Cottage.”
- “Had a lovely stay at Mulberry Cottage it is situated in a perfect location for coast and lakes, it was extremely clean and cared for.”
About the location
CARK IN CARTMEL
Cartmel 2 miles; Bowness on Windermere 16 miles.
Cark in Cartmel is a small Lakeland village just two miles from Cartmel, one of the prettiest villages in the Lake District. Cark is well served by the Furness line railway, and features pretty streamside strolls, lovely walks to the local coastline, overlooking Morecambe Bay, two fine traditional old pubs and a scattering of small shops. It is a very short stroll from here to Holker Hall, the stately home of Lord Cavendish, whose house, gardens and deer park are open to the public. Nearby Cartmel offers quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, charming gift shops, welcoming, traditional pubs serving real ales, and the nationally acclaimed Michelin Star awarded L'Enclume restaurant. Take advantage of excellent walking opportunities amidst beautiful, unspoilt countryside or visit The National Hunt Racecourse, the Campbell Legend Bluebird Exhibition and the Lakeland Motor Museum, all close by. The quiet seaside retreat of Grange-over-Sands, with its Edwardian buildings, mountain backdrop, fabulous sea views, promenade and two golf courses is 4 miles away. Windermere, with its panoramic views over England's longest lake, is within a fifteen minute drive. A superb holiday destination, at any time of year.