- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Wearhead 1.5 miles.
A charming, stone-built cottage adjoining the owner's home in the tiny hamlet of Lanehead, just a short distance away from Wearhead, County Durham.
A former byre, this Lanehead cottage has stunning views over the surrounding countryside and is cosy and well furnished, providing a quiet holiday home with easy access to the North Pennines, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and also a UNESCO European and Global Geopark, one of the most peaceful and unspoilt places in England.
The accommodation is all on the ground floor except for the single mezzanine bedroom which is accessed via a staircase above the double bedroom.
A compact, well-equipped kitchen and sitting room with beams and a lovely woodburner in the sitting room complete this pretty Lanehead cottage.
The lawned garden is accessed by stone steps and is ideal for relaxing with a refreshing drink whilst watching the children play.
The area surrounding this Lanehead cottage is the perfect location for walking, birdwatching, painting and sketching, cycling, touring or just relaxing and enjoying the views.
Well positioned for trips to the Northern Lakes, historical Hexham, Hadrian's Wall and Durham City with its magnificent cathedral, this cottage is the perfect setting for a family holiday.
For trips further afield from this property, guests can visit Newcastle and the Metrocentre, Bowes Museum, Beamish Open Air Museum and the magnificent Heritage Coast.
This is a lovely Lanehead cottage for a couple or small family to enjoy in the County Durham area.
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x mezzanine single above double bedroom. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer in owner's studio, available by arrangement, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and fireguard on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Shared lawned area to the front with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4.5 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: A welcome hamper and pottery sessions can be arranged by contacting the owner prior to your visit
- Note: There is a connecting door from the sitting room to the lobby of the owner's property
- To ensure privacy this door is kept bolted on both sides during occupancy.
About the location
Stanhope 10 miles; Durham 30 miles.
Wearhead is a small village in County Durham at the top of Weardale. Named after the source of the River Wear, the village sits at 1,104 feet above sea level and boasts some of the highest peaks in County Durham. Wearhead is set in rural countryside with the nearest shop being 3 miles away in St John's Chapel, and further amenities can be found in the village of Stanhope, ten miles away. Stanhope is described as the "Capital of Weardale" as it occupies a sheltered position on the north side of the Wear at the confluence of the river and the Stanhope burn. The village is home to the Durham Dales Centre, offering tourist information, a coffee shop and local arts and crafts. In addition it offers a selection of pubs, specialist food stores, art gallery, outdoor swimming pool and pleasant riverside walks. Durham is just 30 miles away and Hadrian's Wall is within easy touring distance. Close by are Hamsterley Forest, Killhope Lead Mining Musem and Barnard Castle - a short picturesque drive away.
- Last minute