- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely, detached cottage is surrounded by breathtaking scenery in the charming village of Eskdale in the Lake District National Park, with the La’al Ratty Railway running by the garden. This spacious Eskdale cottage is the perfect base for groups of friends and families seeking to explore this beautiful area of the Lake District National Park, with easy access to the west coast and the many lakes in this glorious region. This wonderful Eskdale cottage has five bedrooms, which include two king-size double rooms, and a single room with an en-suite shower room. Whip up delicious, home-cooked meals in the farmhouse-style kitchen and sit down to discuss the day’s adventures around the dining table. On blustery winter nights, retire to the sitting room and toast your toes by the roaring open fire, or curl up by the warming woodburning stove in the snug, and catch up on some reading. From the sitting room of this Eskdale cottage, doors lead out into luscious, established gardens, with views stretching across the stunning surrounding fells. Let the children play in the enclosed gardens on bright afternoons, while you lie back and soak up the summer sun. You may even hear the sounding of the steam engine whistle before it hurries past. Sitting at the foot of the Hardknott Pass, the area surrounding this Eskdale cottage is extremely beautiful. Eskdale offers a selection of excellent pubs and golfing opportunities, with kayaking, ghyll scrambling, and canoeing all available locally too. Take on the challenge of Scafell Pike, England’s highest mountain, and discover the spectacular Wastwater, England’s deepest lake, both within easy reach. Take your camera with you as you explore this special region, with picture perfect opportunities at every turn. With The Green station on the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway, just a minute’s walk from this Eskdale cottage, younger guests will be delight in travelling up the line to Dalegarth at the foot of Scafell Pike. Alternatively, drive up the Hardknott Pass and venture into the beautiful Duddon Valley, the perfect spot for a picnic. This charming Eskdale cottage makes an excellent base for exploring the Lake District National Park, all year round!
Five bedrooms: 2 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x single with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 8). Utility. Sitting room with open fire. Snug (seats 4) with woodburning stove.
- Central heating from woodburning stove with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat and BT Sport, DVD, WiFi, PlayStation, selection of books
- Fuel, power and logs for stove inc. in rent, starter pack of coal inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lockable storage for bikes or boats
- Front, enclosed lawned garden
- Rear, enclosed lawned garden with decked patio
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Road to cottage is narrow, may not be suitable for large vehicles, although there is free parking in the railway car park at the end of the lane
- Note: Due to the Ravenglass & Eskdale steam train railway line nearby, there will be some associated noise, trains run up to twice every 40 mins during peak seasons.
- Last minute
- “A very relaxing feel to this property and in a great location to explore the western side of the Lakes. With 8 adults and 2 small children there was plenty of space for all.”
- “We loved the homely feel and the brightness and airiness about the house. Due to the layout of the house, every window faced out towards the mountains and the sun poured in nearly all day. The house itself was very well equipped with more than enough blankets, cutlery, crockery, towels etc.”
- “Lovely house which was within a lovely location, perfect for touring.”
- “Fantastic accommodation and wonderful scenery.”
- “The location is spectacular. All of the visitors said that the property was homely, comfortable, worked well for our requirements and was clean. We voted to return if we are able. The fires and provision of adequate fuel was much appreciated and enjoyed. Thank you for the welcome pack.”
- “Beautiful rugged location - phenomenal house. Owner couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating.”
About the location
Coniston 10 miles.
The small village of Eskdale Green sits amongst beautiful Lakeland countryside and consists of a scattering of cottages, some farm dwellings and a number of outstanding traditional English pubs serving good food. An area relatively unknown to many Lakeland visitors, this great location boasts a skyline dominated by the towering peaks of Scafell - England's highest peak, as well as Great Gable, Hard Knott, Harter Fell and Muncaster Fell, whilst the nearby stunning valleys of Eskdale, Wasdale, Ennerdale and Dunnerdale provide breathtaking and ever-changing scenery to be enjoyed throughout the year. The valley is notable as being one of few major valleys in the Lake District not to have its own lake, although several tarns are perched above the valley sides. Local attractions include Muncaster Castle, the World Owl Centre and the Ravenglass to Eskdale miniature railway, one of the most beautiful train journeys imaginable. With both beautiful Wastwater - the deepest lake in the country and St Olaf's - the smallest church, amongst the many well known landmarks in this awe inspiring and beautiful area also within easy reach, this stunning location will have visitors returning time and time again.