- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ravenstonedale 3 miles.
A lovely, stone-built, semi-detached farmhouse conversion, beautifully situated on a hillside overlooking the Rawthey Valley, just three miles from the village of Ravenstonedale.
A real home-from-home, this Ravenstonedale cottage provides a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy a relaxing holiday in a picturesque area.
Lovingly renovated, this Ravenstonedale cottage offers self-catering accommodation that is brimming with character and charm.
The warm and cosy sitting room has a magnificent open fire and is a lovely place to relax after a day exploring the area.
A separate dining room featuring a piano provides flexible living accommodation during your stay and a well-equipped kitchen with dining area means you can prepare lovely meals together.
A wealth of original oak beams and exposed stonework all combine to make this a Ravenstonedale cottage you'll want to return to.
Beautiful views of the Rawthey Valley and a lovely spacious garden add further to the charm and attraction to this lovely holiday retreat.
With access to a hundred square miles of open fell, nearby footpaths will lead you to stunning, hidden waterfalls and tiny becks, while across the fell is an amazing limestone pavement to discover.
With the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks within easy reach, this is a superb base from which to explore the area.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref 11602 and together they can accommodate 11 people.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single with additional folding bed (suitable for children up to 12 years old only). Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with small dining area (seats 2). Sitting room with open fire. Dining room with piano.
- Electric night storage heaters with open fire
- Oil fired AGA, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Further fuel for open fire available on an honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear enclosed lawned garden with furniture, BBQ and a small beck
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Due to the small beck in the garden, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: Due to animals on surrounding farmland, pets should be kept on a lead when outside.
About the location
Kirkby Stephen 5 miles; Sedbergh 10 miles.
The tranquil village of Ravenstonedale lies at the foot of the Howgill Fells, quietly sitting between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks. A delightful rural village with a thriving local community and many traditional old dwellings, Ravenstonedale boasts a charming Parish Church and the remains of the old Gilbertine Priory. Hill farming is the principal means of income in the area and an agricultural show is still held once a year, echoing days gone by when both markets and fairs were held in the village. Once described by the famous author, A Wainwright, as one of Westmorland’s loveliest villages, the area boasts many walking and cycling routes, whilst the nearby attractions provide something for everybody. Visit the Settle to Carlisle Railway Line, the magnificent Howgill Fells and the stunning Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks. A superb location at any time of the year.