- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Cartmel 2 miles.
A delightful semi-detached cottage located on a quiet lane in lovely rolling countryside between Cartmel and Newby Bridge, in the popular region of the South Lakes.
Perfect for a small family or a couple who wish to spend time exploring the area, this delightful Cartmel cottage provides an ideal holiday home.
There is an unusual layout to this Lakeland cottage, with the ground floor bedroom accessed from the main front entrance and a short staircase leading to the upper first floor which comprises a kitchen and dining area.
Another short staircase leads to the sitting room and a further staircase leads to the second floor bedroom and bathroom.
The rear entrance from the kitchen also leads out to a sheltered patio area, ideal for sitting out and enjoying dining alfresco.
Tastefully styled, this cottage near Cartmel provides good quality holiday accommodation in a wonderful area.
Nearby Cartmel, with its 12th Century church, is home to the sticky toffee pudding and Cartmel Races.
Cartmel is also home to a selection of interesting shops, pubs and the famous L'Enclume restaurant.
Lake Windermere is just 4 miles from this Cartmel cottage, from where you can travel by steam boat to the popular towns of Bowness and Ambleside.
Nearby Grange-over-Sands is a thriving town with a railway station and specialist food shops, including an award-winning bakery, butcher and chocolatier.
A wonderful cottage to enjoy the many delights of the Lake District.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x second floor double, 1 x ground floor twin. Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor kitchen. First floor sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
- Electric central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 miles
- Last minute
- “Me and my fiancée visited cartmel/grange over sands for a long weekend. It was a fantastic cottage, spacious and perfect to take along our dog. The photographs don't do the property justice. Would highly recommend staying here and we will certainly be back”
- “Perfect Location, Beautiful Cottage”
- “This is a semi-detached cottage which is absolutely stunning. Sarah certainly has thought of everything even down to little details. The cottage was well stocked which we weren't expecting but was glad of! The garden was well enclosed and was all patio-ed so no need to worry about muddy foot prints or paw prints. I stayed with my husband and our dog Odin, the enclosed garden meant that we could leave the door open while we were in so Odin could go out when he wanted without worrying that he would escape! There is no WIFI here and we couldn't get a phone signal, but, for me, this was perfect as it meant that my husband wasn't working the entire holiday so he was able to relax as much as me! The walk into Cartmel is about an hour away. We found a nice walk on a quiet road by going right out of the property, down the lane toward the church at the bottom, going left onto the busier road and then turning right just past a phone box and following signs to Wood Broughton. The walk is spectacular, the views are amazing and the road are quiet and safe which is excellent if you have dogs or children. There are so many beautiful walks you can do up bridlepaths and across fields! All in all we had a wonderful holiday in a beautiful rural cottage. Thank you Sarah, we will definitely come back again. Kara, Paul & Odin Ahronson Isle of Wight”
- “Perfect hideaway”
- “Beautiful stone cottage. The layout is quirky which adds to it's charm. Lovely lounge with lovely furnishings. Kitchen and dining room excellent and double doors lead to an enclosed garden which has a patio and raised flower beds. Perfect for our dog, no muddy paws! Bathroom and double bedroom excellent. The cottage was very clean. Cartmel is just 2 miles away. We will return.”
- “Excellent Location fabulous Property”
- “My husband and I wanted a birthday weekend away for ourselves but somewhere we could bring our dog Billy. Great communication from Penny the owner about availability and rates and very helpful with directions to the property. Penny stayed up late to allow us to access the property. Beautiful cottage with enclosed yard which was perfect with the dog to allow him out and not having to worry about him running off. Next to Cartmel village which is a short drive away with dog friendly pubs, lovely little shops and great walks. I would highly recommend this property for its location in the lakes, how comfortable it is and the fact it is spotless and dog friendly.”
- “It was very peaceful and felt welcoming. Beautiful views, love the Cartmell cheese and would have loved to have stayed longer.”
- “The property was very roomy with pleasant and relaxing décor on all four different levels. The kitchen was very well equipped including a simple but very efficient electric cooker. There were good views from the property and a pleasant paved and walled garden to the rear affording privacy and shelter when the weather required. The location was well suited for a holiday in the Lakes; especially the southern ones.”
- “The accommodation was very cosy and there was everything you could need to enjoy the Lake District.”
- “We went to The Byre to celebrate Christmas and it was an absolute dream! Tucked away on the country roads near Cartmel, The Byre was a beautiful and well kept cottage. It was also a huge benefit that we were also able to bring our dog, who also loved the cottage! All in all a lovely Christmas was had and a huge thank you to the owners for such a wonderful stay!”
- “Very spacious, well maintained cottage. It is much bigger than the website suggests and in a lovely rural location.”
- “A great location in the heart of the country but close to everything, especially the lovely town of Cartmel. Beautiful cottage with high ceilings and exposed beams adjoining the main farmhouse.”
- “On arrival, we were surprised how small The Byre looked from outside, but when we entered we were very pleased with the layout. Very roomy and very comfortable, the warmest cottage we have stayed in. Lovely to return to after a cold day out walking. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.”
- “A superb, well appointed cottage in a quiet hamlet but within easy reach of the Lakes. We would certainly go there again as in most cases by the time you have found your way around it is time to come home.”
- “The peace and quiet, it was absolutely wonderful, just what we needed. Thank you so much, a beautiful cottage with lovely garden and so close to Windermere, we really hope we can go back later in the year.”
About the location
Grange-over-Sands 2 miles; Bowness on Windermere 12 miles.
The historic, South Lakeland village of Cartmel is renowned as the prettiest village in the Lake District. The Priory Church, one of the finest ecclesiastical buildings in the north of England, remains the heart of the community with its gatehouse forming the entrance to the village. The village features pretty streamside walks, quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, a charming gift shop, welcoming, traditional pubs serving real ale, the nationally acclaimed, Michelin Star awarded L'Enclume restaurant, and the Cartmel Village shop, which sells the famous sticky toffee pudding. Take advantage of excellent walking opportunities amidst beautiful, unspoilt countryside, visit The National Hunt Racecourse, Campbell Legend Bluebird Exhibition, Lakeland Motor Museum and Holker Hall with its spectacular gardens, all of which are close by. The quiet seaside retreat of Grange-over-Sands, with its Edwardian buildings and mountain backdrop, is a mere 2 miles away, whilst Windermere, with its panoramic views over England's longest lake, is within a fifteen minute drive. A superb holiday destination, at any time of year.