- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A superbly-presented semi-detached cottage located in popular Grange-over-Sands.
Thoughtfully appointed throughout, this Grange-over-Sands cottage is perfect for families looking for a special base to explore the glorious Lake District National Park and the Cumbrian coastline.
Set over four floors, this spacious cottage in Grange-over-Sands has four comfortable bedrooms, one with a luxury en-suite shower room.
The open plan living area offers a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area with a Juliet balcony providing views of Morecambe Bay, and French doors from the comfortable dining room that lead outside to a sunny paved veranda.
The charming town centre of Grange-over-Sands is a short walk from your Grange-over-Sands cottage, and has many interesting independent shops and dining options to suit all tastes, including excellent cafes and an award-winning pie shop.
There is a large promenade providing walks along the bay, a perfect place to enjoy the setting of the sun on a warm evening.
Embark upon the branch line and travel across the aqueduct to the pretty Lancashire village of Arnside; here you can sample some delicious Morecambe Bay shrimps.
Just a short distance from Grange-over-Sands is the priory town of Cartmel, famous for its racecourse, restaurants and sticky toffee pudding shop.
With the bustling Lake District towns of Windermere and Ambleside within thirty minutes' drive, there are numerous walking and cycling opportunities available, all in beautiful scenery.
A wonderful Grange-over-Sands cottage to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
Over four floors. Four bedrooms with TVs: 1 x second floor king-size double, 1 x second floor twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor single, 1 x third floor family room with 1 king-size double, 1 single and cot. Second floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Third floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area, and sitting area with Juliet balcony. First floor sitting room. Ground floor utility with basin.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, wine cooler, washing machine, dishwasher, 5 x TVs with Freeview (Sky Sports and Movies in sitting area), TV (no aerial) for DVDs, Blu-ray, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot available and travel cot/highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Paved patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 2 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk. Note: The garden has varying levels and steps so children must be supervised.
- Last minute
- “Lovely place”
- “Lovely kitchen Beds vety comfortable Very nice treat when we arrived chocolate cake@ wine couldn't ask for anymore everything was perfect”
- “Stunning and spacious property. Tastefully and thoughtfully decorated and furnished. Spotlessly clean and extremely well equipped. Easily accommodated our party of 8. Hosts were pleasant and helpful, on hand if required but not intrusive. A bottle of wine in the chiller and a home made chocolate cake awaited us on arrival. Our party ranged in age from 11 - 80 , everyone enjoyed their stay and would be delighted to return.”
- “Superb - lovely home and great location!”
- “We just stayed at Hillberry for a week and could not fault it. The house is clean and spacious and everything has been thought of by the owners - down to the ice packs in the freezer, kiddy friendly equipment and even a welcome chocolate cake! The location is fantastic as well with Grange being big enough to have quite a few shops but not being too busy like the heart of the Lake District. You don't spend hours in traffic jams here but its about 20 mins drive to some great locations. The best thing about this place is that it doesnt feel like a rental and more like a home to stay in for a week. (albeit a lot cleaner than our own!). On top of that, the owners are very welcoming and always about if you need any help. Would recommend and use again Alistair”
- “The property was well located with plenty of parking. It was immaculate and very comfortable.”
- “We had a fantastic week at Hillberry. The property was perfect and ideally situated within easy walking distance of Grange-over-Sands.”
- “Very high standard of accommodation and a good location. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.”
- “We loved everything about the house, the town and the area. The open plan living accommodation suited us very well and we were made to feel very welcome by the owners.”
- “Beautiful house with amazing views. Owners couldn't have made better provisions of items needed when away from home. Plenty of space for our family and a perfect base location to explore the lakes. This place has it all, you can stay and not venture or travel around. Lovely friendly owners would definitely stay again.”
- “The property was excellent and ideally situated with all needs within walking distance. The owners were most welcoming. A real home from home with all the facilities required. Well done.”
- “This was our first visit to Grange-over-Sands and we were very impressed. Our property was a delight & felt extremely comfortable, everything we needed. The owners were friendly & helpful but not intrusive.”
- “The holiday was brilliant, we really enjoyed the spacious warm and contemporary house finished to a very high standard. The pictures on the internet do not do it justice. We had a warm but unobtrusive welcome from the property owners. The WiFi was excellent and so was the sky package on the main television. The location was close to the shops, sea front and good walks so everything for the walker and shopaholic. We would definitely recommend it, you will not be disappointed and we fully intend to book further stays.”
- “An outstanding property. So clean, tidy, spacious and well positioned in a pretty village with good walks amenities and public transport round the lakes, 100% satisfied. The photos do not do the place credit, it is far nicer with views to Morecambe Bay.”
- “The size of the kitchen & dining room made a family celebration very easy & enjoyable. Very warm and comfortable property.”
- “I spent my 50th birthday at Hillberry with friends for the first weekend and family joined me for the rest of week. It was a wonderful holiday just what I wanted for my birthday week. My friends and family all enjoyed it The house was amazing so clean and spacious, it had everything we needed. I would stay there again and so would my friends.”
- “Hillberry was a very lovely family property which was very clean & comfortable. I would highly recommend this property.”
About the location
Cartmel 2 miles; Lake Windermere 8 miles; Kendal 10 miles.
The charming Edwardian resort of Grange-over-Sands is set between the Lake District fells and Morecambe Bay and offers one of the mildest climates in the north of England. Formerly a small fishing village, the introduction of the Furness Railway transformed Grange-over-Sands into a fashionable Edwardian resort. Today, the town has much to offer the visitor including a traffic-free promenade, delightful ornamental gardens, golf courses, brass band concerts and excellent bird watching. Just a short drive away are Lake Windermere (8 miles), the villages of Bowness-on-Windermere and Hawkshead, which still retain the charm and character that has endeared them to so many, and the home of sticky toffee pudding, Cartmel, with its famous racecourse and the L’Enclume restaurant, which has been voted the 4th best restaurant in the UK. Other attractions in the area include Levens Hall, with its Elizabethan Hall and world famous topiary gardens, Sizergh Castle, a National Trust medieval house and gardens, and Conishead Priory, a Gothic revival country house. Set amidst the southern lakes, the attractive town of Grange-over-Sands makes a superb base from which to enjoy the whole of this magical area.