- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This super barn conversion provides luxury accommodation that’s perfect for two wishing to enjoy this fabulous corner of the Lake District.
There is one king-size bedroom with a TV and an extremely spacious open plan living area with a high vaulted ceiling with feature oak beams and French windows, which open out on to a secluded patio overlooking the garden down to the River Gower.
Guests can enjoy a five-minute stroll, which leads to the award-winning Watermill Inn and the bustling towns of Windermere and Bowness are within a 10-minute drive where you’ll find a host of shops, cafes and restaurants to enjoy.
There are beautiful pathways and cycleways to explore running up the Kentmere Valley or a gentle climb up Orrest Head will reward you with beautiful views over Lake Windermere.
This is a superb cottage, perfect at any time of the year.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom with TV. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Electric heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with FreeSat HD, DVD, iPod dock, DAB radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Patio and garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 8 mins walk
- Note: There are 3 steps down from patio to garden
- Note: There is a river and a small wildlife pond at the bottom of the garden
- Note: Adjacent to owner’s B&B.
About the location
Windermere 2 miles; Kendal 6.5 miles.
The small village of Ings, with the lovely River Gowan running through it, is set just two miles from the popular town of Windermere in the Lake District. There is a selection of walks for you to enjoy in the area and a wonderful local, award-winning pub, the Watermill Inn. The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for many visitors to the Lake District, both providing a range of attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. Boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside and Lakeside, where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute