- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Appleby-in-Westmorland 3 miles.
A charming single-storey cottage set in the pretty village of Long Marton, deep in the Eden Valley.
Offering excellent accommodation, this well-equipped Appleby cottage is a perfect base for those wishing to enjoy comfort in village surroundings, with beautiful countryside on the doorstep.
This Appleby cottage has a spacious bedroom, so you can get a great night's sleep, ideal after days spent out and about exploring the area.
The cosy sitting room in this Appleby cottage has soft leather sofas perfect for relaxing, while the well-equipped kitchen with dining area is lovely for romantic meals together.
Outside this Appleby cottage is a patio area and pleasant mature gardens to enjoy the summer sun on a balmy evening.
The charming village of Long Marton has an 18th century inn serving food, and the Tirril Brewery is also located in the village, producing ales such as Old Faithful and Bewshers Best, so you can be sure of a good pint when you're in the area.
Rail enthusiasts will be delighted that the Settle-Carlisle Railway runs through the village of Long Marton, and from the nearest station at Appleby you can travel across some of the most magnificent countryside passing through the Yorkshire Dales across the Ribblehead Viaduct to Settle, or westwards passing through Lazonby, Armathwaite and arriving into Carlisle - the 'Border City'.
This is a lovely Appleby cottage, perfect at any time of the year.
All ground floor. One super king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request) with TV. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, compact dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, 2 x DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lawned garden to side and patio area with furniture to rear
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Laundry facilities available by arrangement with owner.
- Last minute
- “The cottage was perfect in every way - highest standards of comfort and luxury, the kitchen was very well equipped. we loved every minute.”
- “Warm welcome from the owners after a long journey and they were always on hand if needed. A beautiful holiday cottage; the owners have worked very hard to give you everything you need for a relaxing holiday with plenty of information about the property, the places to go and the things to see. We have stayed in a few Sykes cottages; this is far and away the best and is a great advert for Sykes.”
- “"The owners of this property have clearly thought very carefully about what a holiday maker wanted. We had everything we could possibly need and it was such a lovely, clean and welcoming home. The kitchen in particular was superb; the heating and hot water were very efficient . The owners were very friendly and although we were left to our own devices we definitely had the impression we could contact them if we needed to. It was an incredibly happy stay; thanks to all the effort the owners of the property went to for us."”
- “Enjoyed the whole time we were there, I would give this 10/10 excellent and would return as it was beautiful.”
- “Warm welcome from the owners who showed us around and explained things like the central heating. Lovely and quiet and we were left to ourselves. Property is ideal for a couple.”
- “A very high standard of cleanliness and comfort. Small details were very well thought out and all things accessible and workable.”
- “The owners of Elm Tree Cottage were very welcoming when we got there and offered any help or advice if we wanted it on places to visit. The cottage was absolutely fabulous. A very comfy home from home with all the equipment and facilities needed. The nice little touches of a little welcome card, pint of milk in the fridge and biscuits were very nice. The pub in the village, The Masons Arms, had a very good menu and the food was wonderful. Would definitely recommend as a cottage to rent to anyone.”
- “There was not any one thing that I particularly like, the whole cottage was just excellent!”
- “We received a very warm welcome and useful tour of the cottage from the owner on arrival. Very well appointed and spotlessly clean accommodation. Many lovely little touches, even down to a bag of biscuits for our dog. Would certainly recommend this property to anyone for a relaxing break. Handy for both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales”
- “A very friendly welcome from the owners, the Cottage was five star - could not fault anything.”
- “We had a lovely greeting from the cottage owners on arrival, who showed us around the property. It was an outstanding property, one of the best we have ever had.”
- “The cottage was of a particularly high spec and ideally situated for visiting The Lake District and North Penines. We were able to explore these areas thoroughly. The owners of the cottage had thoughtfully provided a huge choice of references books, leaflets and maps to give us ideas for the week's itinerary.”
About the location
Penrith 14 miles.
The historic town of Appleby-in-Westmorland lies in a loop of the River Eden and is overlooked by the Pennine range with the Lake District Fells showing on the western horizon. Set at the heart of the lush Eden Valley and steeped in history, this is one of the loveliest towns in the north of England and was originally the county town of Westmorland. Appleby is nestled between the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales, so guests can enjoy the contrasting scenery of these two national parks, plus numerous walking and cycling opportunities as well as the fantastic leisure centre in the town. The picturesque street of Boroughgate, with some interesting old buildings, is at the heart of the town and links the well-preserved Norman Castle with the fine medieval Church of St. Lawrence. Appleby is a major stop on the Settle-Carlisle Railway, which is one of the most beautiful railway journeys in Britain, and still today many of the old steam trains wend their way along this line and over the historic and awe-inspiring Ribblehead viaduct. Visit Appleby in June and experience the atmosphere of the three hundred-year old Horse Fair. With the delightful Ullswater and the magnificent Lake District within easy reach, this is an ideal holiday location.