“Very friendly owners and very ...”Very friendly owners and very helpful.the location was stunning and the property was beautiful..apart from the big spiders!!!.highly recommended and will book again.excellent!!!
- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An impressive, stone-built, semi-detached cottage on a working livestock farm in the rural hamlet of Milton, two miles from the pretty market town of Brampton.
Lovingly restored from a former dairy, this Milton cottage offers high pitched ceilings with exposed beams, original arrow slit windows and beautifully-crafted oak doors.
The spacious open plan living accommodation at this Milton cottage has a contemporary feel with a kitchen and sitting area with a relaxing woodburner.
All on one level, with two cosy bedrooms, this delightful Milton cottage is ideal for families or friends.
Outside, a decked sitting area overlooks pretty, rural countryside.
Ideally situated to visit the Scottish Borders, northern Lakes and Pennines and the magnificent historic Hadrian's Wall, this beautiful Milton cottage is a perfect rural retreat.
Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 3738, 3739, 917515, 922499, 931769 and 941220, 949797 together they sleep 30.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Shared use of gardens
- Shared use (with seven other cottages on site) of summerhouse and hot tub all year round at £40 per week or £20 per short break, payable direct to owner on arrival (use is by direct arrangement with owner)
- Decked balcony area with furniture and BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per pet, per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: There is a railway line approx
- 250 metres from the cottage, some noise is audible when trains pass.
About the location
Brampton 2 miles; Hadrian's Wall 7 miles; Carlisle 11 miles.
The small rural village of Milton is ideally placed for exploring northern Cumbria, including not-to-be-missed Hadrian's Wall, the lovely coastline of the Solway Firth and the dramatic northern Lake District National Park. The nearby market town of Brampton has a rich and colourful history going back to the Roman occupation, Border raiders from Scotland and the Jacobite uprisings. Bonnie Prince Charlie established his headquarters in one of the old buildings in Brampton, which is now a shop. A few miles outside Brampton is Talkin Tarn Country Park. It covers 180 acres, 65 of which make up the Tarn, a 10,000 year old glacial lake, fed by underwater springs. Further south is Gelt Woods which is an ancient woodland with the River Gelt running through. A superb base for exploring this historic and scenically beautiful area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute