- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
A lovely, stone-built, mid-terrace cottage on a working livestock farm in the rural hamlet of Milton, two miles from Brampton.
The result of careful, thoughtful conversion of old farm buildings, this Milton cottage retains much charm, with original beams and exposed stonework.
This welcoming Milton cottage features a cosy sitting room with attached summer room, a lovely spot to sit and admire the pretty views, a small modern kitchen, and a delightful main bedroom.
An ideal romantic retreat, this Milton cottage is further enhanced by the decked balcony, where guests can enjoy views of the countryside, or watch the world go by.
A great base to relax, unwind and enjoy this historic area, the market town of Brampton, the North Pennines and majestic Hadrian's Wall.
Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 3738, 4585, 917515, 922499, 931769 and 941220, together they sleep 28.
All ground floor.
One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Kitchen. Small sitting area with woodburner, adjoining summer room with dining area & doors to decked area.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio, stereo/CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional logs available (honesty box)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available
- Shared use of gardens
- Shared use (with five other cottages on site) of summerhouse & hot tub all year round at £40 per week or £20 per short break, payable direct to owner on arrival (use is by direct arrangement with owner)
- Decked balcony area with furniture & BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: There is a railway line approx
- 250 metres from the cottage, some noise is audible when trains pass
- Note: The Stable is accessed via 2 flights of approx
- 7 steps.
About the location
Brampton 2 miles; Hadrian's Wall 2 miles; Carlisle 11 miles.
The small rural village of Milton is ideally placed for exploring northern Cumbria, including not-to-be-missed Hadrian's Wall, the lovely coastline of the Solway Firth and the dramatic northern Lake District National Park. The nearby market town of Brampton has a rich and colourful history going back to the Roman occupation, Border raiders from Scotland and the Jacobite uprisings. Bonnie Prince Charlie established his headquarters in one of the old buildings in Brampton, which is now a shop. A few miles outside Brampton is Talkin Tarn Country Park. It covers 180 acres, 65 of which make up the Tarn, a 10,000 year old glacial lake, fed by underwater springs. Further south is Gelt Woods which is an ancient woodland with the River Gelt running through. A superb base for exploring this historic and scenically beautiful area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute