- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hexham 6 miles; Blanchland 4 miles.
An immaculate stone-built cottage situated in the rural hamlet of Slaley and close to the conservation village of Blanchland.
The property is only a short drive from many of Northumbria's attractions including Hadrian's Wall, the popular market town of Hexham and the Northumberland National Park.
The cottage adjoins the owners' 150-year old farmhouse and offers accommodation of a particularly high standard.
From the doorstep there are forest tracks and country lanes for walkers and mountain bikers.
Alternatively, just relax and soak in the tranquillity of the area, in the private lawned garden!
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with extra single bed, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower, basin and WC. Superb living area with fitted kitchen, dining and sitting area. The living area has a pitch pine floor and a feature fireplace with log burning stove.
Oil central heating and log burning stove in sitting area. Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, automatic washing machine and tumble dryer, TV, DVD, WiFi, payphone. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for two cars. Private garden with lawned area and garden furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Golf locally. Small shop and pubs 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Highly recommended”
- “Our stay in this cottage was absolutely perfect in every way. The cottage itself is beautiful and the owner was extremely welcoming and friendly. It is in a glorious location, convenient to many places of interest. We booked straight away for next year, we liked it so much!”
- “A lovely cottage with beautiful surrounding countryside and plenty of interesting places to visit. There were very friendly and helpful people everywhere we went to.”
- “A great cottage which was cosy, well equipped and very clean. All making for a very relaxing and pleasant stay.”
- “Quite restful location. Owners very pleasant and accommodating. Well furnished.”
- “Liked the peace and tranquillity of the surroundings. It was a very relaxing break which we all thoroughly enjoyed.”
- “The area was beautiful and the whole family loved all the animals around! We will come back!”
- “Moorgair Cottage was delightful, well laid-out, beautifully decorated and furnished and extremely comfortable. It was perfect for a family of three, and would be equally so for four or five. A good, quiet location, within easy reach of Hexham and all Hadrian's Wall sites, not to mention Newcastle itself if the weather turns particularly bad. We would be delighted to stay here again, and will certainly revisit the area, and would definitely recommend to friends.”
- “Cottage was very clean and warm. Owners friendly. Lovely location. Easy access to places to visit. Northumberland is a beautiful part of the country - perfect place for a quiet country retreat with plenty of places to visit if you want to.”
About the location
Newcastle 22 miles.
A bustling little market town, Hexham has several antique shops and is popular with tourists visiting nearby Hadrian’s Wall. Beautiful old Hexham Abbey dates back to the 7th century and has a superb Saxon crypt. Shoppers flock to colourful stalls in The Shambles in the Market Place on Tuesday and close by is the 14th century Moot Hall, now an art gallery. The town boasts plenty of open spaces, particularly the Sele next to the abbey, which is now a lovely public park. Nearby is Tyne Green - a riverside country park - and Hexham Race Course is just to the south of the town.