- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This fabulous lodge sits in a secluded setting, on an award-winning holiday park on the shores of Lake Windermere.
Set in an elevated position with distant lake views, and boasting a beautiful, large decked terrace, this excellent Windermere cottage presents a high standard of holiday accommodation with modern furnishings throughout.
Families and friends will adore their break at this fantastic Lake District lodge, with its three bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room, a separate luxury bathroom, and a well-equipped open plan living area with French doors in the dining and sitting areas, which open out to the secluded decking.
The spacious outdoor area at this Windermere lodge is complete with patio furniture and overlooks the quiet, adjacent woodlands, providing a tranquil place to sit together and prepare holiday plans, or gather your thoughts over a glass of wine on a peaceful, summer’s evening.
There are many excellent facilities on site, including an indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and gym available, as well as a restaurant with takeaway service, bar, children's play park and multi-use games area.
There are woodland walks from the doorstep of this superb Windermere lodge, while the shores of Lake Windermere are merely a two-minute stroll away, where you will discover sweeping sights across the water to the beautiful fells of the Lake District.
Slightly further down the lakeside is Brockhole, the National Park’s visitor centre, with a nature reserve and outdoor adventure playground plus a tree top course; ideal for keeping the younger members of the group happy.
With excellent shops, cafes and restaurants available to enjoy in Bowness-on-Windermere, just five minutes’ drive away, this superb Lake District lodge provides a perfect base for every group.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x 2’ 6” twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric double oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, HiFi system, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front deck with furniture, plus shared grounds
- Shared use of leisure facilities including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Although all ground floor, this property is accessed by approx
- 20 steps
- Note: Due to the location, WiFi can be intermittent
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, indoor swimming pool and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure is a short walk away from the site. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.