- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A comfortable and well-presented detached Scandinavian-style lodge, located on the popular White Cross Bay Park on the shores of Lake Windermere in the heart of the Lake District.
This Windermere holiday lodge offers spacious, well-equipped accommodation, ideal for families wishing to enjoy a superb lakeside location with outdoor activities available nearby.
Offering all ground floor accommodation, this Windermere cottage has three comfortable bedrooms, a family bathroom and an open plan living area with modern kitchen and dining area, with French doors leading out to the spacious decked terrace, perfect for sitting out at the end of the day to watch the sun set over the trees and fells beyond.
There are also leisure facilities on-site including a bar, restaurant, shop and play area.
Ideally situated mid-way between Windermere and Ambleside, this Windermere cottage makes an ideal base to explore these popular villages and enjoy the wide variety of shops and restaurants available to you.
There are many water-based activities to try your hand at, within easy reach of your Windermere holiday home, while Brockhole - The Lake District Visitor Centre is situated less than a mile away.
Enjoy a cruise on the Windermere steamer, which offers a spectacular voyage along the lake giving glorious views of the mountain scenery, bay and wooded islands.
You might choose to sail up to Ambleside, or south to Lakeside to enjoy the Lakes Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway.
With so much to see and do, this Windermere holiday lodge is a perfect family destination all year round.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire and patio door to decked terrace.
- Electric heating with gas fire in sitting area
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared on-site laundry facilities (coin operated), TV with Freeview and 2 Sky Sports channels, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Large enclosed decked terrace with furniture
- Shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Although all ground floor, this property is approached by 5 steps
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: Due to the location, WiFi can be intermittent
- Note: No stag/hen, or similar
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, indoor swimming pool and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
- Last minute