- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
An attractive, stone-built, semi-detached cottage, a quality conversion of a 300-year old farmhouse, in the peaceful hamlet of Hengoed, 3 miles from Oswestry and 8 miles from Ellesmere, known as Shropshire's Lake District. Renovated and furnished to a high standard, in a contemporary style throughout, Little Beeches provides quality, light and airy accommodation. With a private patio and use of the owner's lovely garden, the outside space is perfect for relaxing and dining alfresco. The cottage is ideally positioned between the historic border town of Oswestry and the delightful town of Ellesmere. The area is renowned for good fishing, golf, scenic walks and cycle trails including the National Cycle Route 31, Offa's Dyke Path and the Shropshire/Llangollen Canal, all passing close by. Enjoy trips to the wonderful shops and famous zoo at Chester, or explore medieval Shrewsbury with its ancient castles and lovely riverside walks. The World Heritage Centre in Ironbridge, NT Erddig, and Chirk and Powis castles/gardens are also within easy reach.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Additional ground floor WC with basin. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Living room with electric fire and doors to patio and garden.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in living room
- Electric double oven with ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD player, WiFi, stereo/CD player, small selection of DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Private patio with garden furniture and BBQ, shared use of owner's large lawned garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub/restaurant 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “this cottage was out of this world .we have stayed in a good many cottages over the years ,but none could compare to this .there was everything you could wish for in the kitchen in the bathroom and in the utility room ,also in the lounge there were books literature ,and the garden was something else . we had good weather so it was a joy to sit in the garden to have breakfast ,listening to the birds and watching them and there were plenty .it was unbelieveable the different plants and trees merrick the owner had there,and the colour schemes were beautiful.we will hopefully go back again next year .”
- “We found it hard to leave”
- “The cottage was definitely 4 star, clean, comfortable & very well equipped. My wife & I were reluctant to leave. There was a small hiccough with the TV remote , but it was soon rectified. Merrick made sure that everything went smoothly. We did not have a car, but the bus service accessible from the top of City Lane was satisfactory. Little Beeches is a long way from where we live in Perth, Australia. but we'll be back.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyable.”
- “Lovely cottage, lovely garden (use of next door,s included), lovely welcome, lovely welcome pack from the lovely owner, Merrick. All quite lovely really! Highly recommended. Well fitted out and comfortable. Get in quick before Merrick retires.”
- “Great cottage & Great Location”
- “Little Beeches feels just like home.This was our seond visit in a year, which is recommendation in itself.”
- “Very friendly welcome from the owner. The cottage was beautifully presented and there was a lovely welcome back. It was like a home from home and we intent to return.”
- “We found it ideal in every respect. We love this part of England and have spent many holidays near by. We found this just what we were looking for, friendly, comfortable and excellently presented, a first class position we have already booked for next year.”
- “Comfortable home in rural Shropshire”
- “A pleasant place to stay. Clean and well appointed home with friendly owner and quiet surroundings.”
- “Stayed in many cottages over the years and this is extremely high in the star ratings. The garden is exceptionally beautiful with outstanding design and planting, a pleasure to sit in. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners and our welcome was warm and inviting. I have no hesitation in recommending Little Beeches as a beautifully relaxing cottage to stay in.”
- “The cottage was the best one we have stayed in over the years. There were so many little extras, also the garden was a one off beauty, well kept and a treat to sit in. The owner was so helpful too. The position was lovely, there were so many things to see and do in and around the area. All in all a great time was had by us both.”
- “We arrived at Little Beeches, to be warmly welcomed by the owner. Nothing was too much trouble for her, whose hospitality was second to none. In addition to a superb cottage, we were encouraged to make full use of his garden and summer house. A bottle of wine was left in the fridge for us along with breakfast orange and eggs.The facilities in the cottage were perfect. A fully equipped kitchen, TV, WIFI and DVD player, and a well stocked library.The cottage was immaculate and spotlessly clean. We intend to revisit, in Spring 2015 and would thoroughly recommend this holiday destination to everyone wanting a comfortable property, convenient for a variety of destinations and days out.”
- “The accommodation at Little Beeches was just as described - very comfortable, cosy and peaceful. The garden delightful. Our hosts were extremely obliging. We would certainly stay here again!”
- “The Owner was an exceptional host, very friendly and welcoming. We had not anticipated the welcome goodies and flowers and this gesture was very thoughtful and much appreciated. He certainly knows how to make guests feel at ease. The garden was a delight. The cottage was well-equipped and comfortable and a great location.”
- “The cottage is a home from home in a lovely location with the most wonderful garden and summer house. We also stayed here last year and will definitely do so again. The owner is exceptionally nice.”
- “The best Sykes cottage we've ever rented - cannot fault it in any way. The owner is an absolute diamond, and his garden is wonderful, full of so many different plants and shrubs, giving a truly magnificent display. The cottage is in a very rural area, and I think that adds to its charm, with plenty to see and do, all you need is the weather to be fair, and you have the perfect break.”
- “We have used Sykes several times, but this is the best yet. Owner very attentive, to your every need. We shall return.”
About the location
Oswestry 3 miles; Ellesmere 8 miles; Shrewsbury and Chester 20 miles.
The peaceful rural hamlet of Hengoed stands close to the historic border town of Oswestry, the famous village of Whittington (birthplace of the first Lord Mayor of London) and the delightful town of Ellesmere, known as Shropshire's Lakeland because of its nine meres (or lakes). Close by is the original Old Oswestry, the site of a spectacular Iron Age Hill Fort, while today the town offers many historic buildings and a good variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. Ellesmere is also steeped in history; the town is home to the lovely Church of Saint Mary, with its 15th century roof and Thomas Telford was based in the town while building the Shropshire canal. There are a variety of shops, good pubs and restaurants and an abundance of entertainment on and around the nine lakes, which surround the town. Stroll through Cremorne Gardens, enjoy fishing and sailing or explore Colemere Country Park with its wonderful wildlife and scenic walks. This whole area has something for all ages and tastes.