- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Mallwyd 0.7 miles. A traditional, stone-built detached cottage, standing on the banks of the River Dovey, which nestles between wooded hills and mountains on the edge of the village of Mallwyd, in the beautiful Dovey Valley in the Snowdonia National Park. Featured in an online article by The Sun, this very special Mallwyd cottage is described as 'the ultimate escape' and provides stunning views of the River Dovey from both bedrooms, as well as from a wrap-around decked area outside. It has been lovingly renovated, retaining its exposed beams and an impressive inglenook fireplace with a woodburner and an original bread oven, which all help to create a warm, cosy and romantic atmosphere throughout the cottage. As well as having full double glazing, this Mallwyd cottage offers an ideal combination of charming original features and contemporary fixtures and fittings, perfect for a romantic break or family holiday. If you feel like spending an evening out, there is an excellent pub just a 10-minute walk away, The Brigands Inn. This is the perfect location for climbers, walkers, mountain bikers, fishermen and birdwatchers, as this Mallwyd cottage is surrounded by the wonderful facilities of the Snowdonia National Park as well as the magnificent coastline and sandy beaches of the nearby Cardigan Bay. Dolgellau and Machynlleth both offer a good range of shops, pubs and restaurants, while Aberdovey and Barmouth are both very popular seaside resorts. A charming Mallwyd cottage in a truly lovely riverside location, ideal for enjoying this beautiful part of Wales.
Two bedrooms with river views: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Wall-mounted electric heaters with woodburning stove
- Rangemaster dual fuel range cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV (for DVDs only), DVD, CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Private water supply which is tested annually
- Note: No TV reception
- Note: Cottage stands on the banks of the unfenced River Dovey, children must be supervised.
- Last minute
- “What an absolute perfect week we had away at this beautiful cottage. Would certainly recommend for a small family. The view is incredible and I could sit staring out the windows forever !! Cannot fault it!!!!”
- “A beautiful cottage in an idyllic setting”
- “We had an absolutely perfect week long stay at this fantastic cottage in North Wales. It's location on a quiet lane right on the banks of the River Dovey just cannot be beaten if you are looking to get away from it all and immerse yourself in the beautiful Welsh countryside. The fully renovated cottage itself is very comfortable with a very well equipped kitchen and relaxing lounge. The beds were very comfortable and we slept very soundly. The views from the lounge, kitchen and bedrooms of the river and surrounding countryside are breathtaking. The wildlife living in the area is amazing with a huge variety of birds including Dippers, pheasants, Ospreys etc. We cannot wait to return to Pen Y Bont. Very highly recommended.”
- “Beautiful cottage, with all you would need and more! Very clean and the view from the deck and from the house is stunning. There is so much to see and to enjoy! Perfect for exploring Wales in all its beauty!!”
- “The cottage was wonderful with the most outstanding garden. It is truly beautiful, very peaceful. A perfect holiday.”
- “What a beautiful little hidden gem, a real get away from it all place to stay. Sat right on the River Dovey and surrounded by the Welsh hills and countryside you feel like the only people in the world but you are only a short drive from civilisation if you want it. We have just enjoyed a really relaxing holiday in this lovely Welsh stone cottage with a cosy wood burner and no tv, except to watch DVDs on if you wish too. I was happy to just sit and read and listen to the roaring river running right next to the cottage and watch the flickering flames of the log burner, then there are all of the birds to watch from the window seat in the bedroom. I can't emphasise how great a place this is to stay, there was every thing we needed and we were very comfortable with all furnishings etc . Decorated to an authentic style with well equipped kitchen and a downstairs shower room.”
- “Peaceful scenic surroundings, cosy and comfortable cottage.”
- “The cottage is set in a beautiful location, very tranquil and quiet. The cottage is very well equipped and cosy, the surrounding scenery is breathtaking. It isn't far from local amenities, and there is a vast array of activities, from walks to trips and other activities, many good places to eat out and also easy to get to other places.”
- “A lovely cosy cottage was well presented, had everything one could need, views were spectacular, loved the river running at back of cottage and watching the wildlife was lovely. Lots of lovely walks in the area and loads of places to visit. Came back relaxed and refreshed.”
- “Pen Y Bont's location right on the river Dovey cannot be beaten. The cottage is beautifully renovated with a great kitchen and lounge area. There is so much to do in the Snowdonia National Park but Pen Y Bont's location is so idyllic it is often tempting to stay at the cottage and spend the days relaxing by the river. Easy stroll to the local pub with excellent food and a short drive to Dollgellau. We can't wait to return to Pen Y Bont again.”
- “Cottage warm and cosy with good fittings and fixtures. Beautiful location on a quiet lane with the river literally on your doorstep and an abundance of wildlife around. Lovely scenery and good local amenities. Walks for the dogs with no sheep were good thanks to the Forestry Commission.”
- “Great location really peaceful place. Loved the wildlife that could be seen out of the bedroom window. Plenty to do in the surrounding towns too. Really lovely warm cottage, the week went by far too quickly would definitely book again.”
- “Clean and well presented, everything we imagined it would be. Set in the perfect location and equipped with everything you could possibly require. The added bonus of allowing pets was the icing on the cake. Great communication from the owners. We will definitely be booking again.”
About the location
Dolgellau 12 miles; Machynlleth 10 miles; Aberdovey 20 miles.
Mallwyd is a small rural village surrounded by beautiful countryside, in the breathtaking Dovey valley, which is overlooked by the wonderful Aran Mountains, in the southern part of Snowdonia National Park. The village boasts the renowned Brigands Inn, originally a 15th century coaching inn which today prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere and quality dining. There are three other pubs close by, and the Meirion Woollen Mill stands on the banks of the River Dovey and is open to visitors. The delightful market town of Dolgellau, which nestles beside the foothills of one of Wales' most spectacular mountains, Cader Idris, is only 12 miles away and its 17th Century bridges, church and variety of pubs and eating houses create a pleasant atmosphere. Aberdovey, a delightful seaside village with harbour and beautiful sandy beach is 20 miles and perfect for an exciting day out. This whole area is a paradise for walking, climbing, mountain biking and birdwatchers amidst all of Snowdonia including the nearby Coed-y-Brenin Forest with its famous mountain bike trails. Discover the beautiful Mawddach Estuary walks, miles of stunning sandy beaches, narrow gauge steam railways, golf, and a huge range of outdoor pursuits. A superb base for an all year round holiday amidst some of Britain’s most beautiful countryside.