- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This impressive stone-built country farmhouse, which enjoys some lovely sea and mountain views, is located in the popular coastal village of Talybont, ideally positioned between Barmouth and the World Heritage Site of Harlech.
This Barmouth cottage has been extensively refurbished, providing spacious, quality accommodation perfect for a family holiday.
Just a 10 minute walk from the Rural Beach Award-winning beach, this charming retreat has six lovely bedrooms, two with en-suites, plus a corner spa bath, large showers, two welcoming sitting rooms, an open fire, two woodburners, and a modern kitchen, all combining to make a superb Barmouth cottage with a successful mixture of traditional and contemporary furnishings.
There is shared seasonal use of a heated indoor swimming pool nearby, and the cottage has a large garden with patio.
Providing a great base from which to enjoy this famous coastline and fabulous surrounding countryside, this impressive Barmouth cottage offers hill and coastal walks, wonderful beaches, watersports, golf, the medieval castle at Harlech and the beautiful Snowdonia mountains.
A lovely Barmouth cottage, with plenty to offer all year round.
Over three floors.
Six bedrooms, many with sea or mountain views: 1 x king-size double with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request) with TV, 1 x single, 1 x 2nd floor king-size double with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x 2nd floor twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request) with TV, 1 x 2nd floor single. Bathroom with corner spa bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Second floor bathroom with double-ended bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with Belling range cooker. Utility room. Dining room with woodburner in stone inglenook. Sitting room (seats 8) with Victorian open fire. Snug (seats 5) with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with open fire and woodburners
- Belling Kensington range cooker with double oven, 5-ring gas hob plus griddle, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, condenser tumble dryer, dishwasher, 6 x TVs with Freeview, 2 x DVDs, stereo/CD, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Two cots, two highchairs and three stairgates
- Complimentary toiletries
- Use of indoor heated swimming pool in owner's nearby caravan park from 1st March to 30th November
- Boat launching facilities in caravan park
- Off road parking for 5 cars, boats etc
- Enclosed tree-lined large lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Basic food hamper on arrival
- Shop 3 miles , pub and bistro restaurant 10 mins walk
- Rural award-winning beach 10 mins walk.
About the location
Barmouth 4 miles; Harlech 6 miles.
This popular coastal holiday village lies between one of the most picturesque resorts on the Welsh coast, Barmouth, and the World Heritage Site of Harlech, which are all surrounded by the unrivalled splendour of the Snowdonia National Park. Talybont hosts a small convenience store, an Italian reastaurant, a riverside pub and a large sandy beach ideal for family fun. An excellent base for coastal and hill walking, cycling, sea and freshwater fishing and all watersports. The traditional seaside town of Barmouth boasts an enormous sandy Blue Flag beach, perfect for families. A variety of shops, pubs and restaurants combined with the mild climate, make this an ideal destination for a holiday, even out of season. A paradise for walkers, climbers and cyclists, Mount Cader Idris is nearby, the second highest mountain in Wales. An abundance of wildlife along the Mawddach Estuary, trout fishing in mountain lakes, Harlech Castle, St David's golf course and Portmeirion Italienate Village - just a handful of the many superb attractions within easy reach of this lovely area.
- Last minute