- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Common Farm Cottages
Coltishall 1 mile. These delightful semi-detached red brick and flint barn conversion cottages are situated down a narrow lane, surrounded by countryside, just one mile from the Norfolk village of Coltishall. These two welcoming Coltishall cottages are equipped with everything you will need, and they are the perfect base for those wishing to escape to the country for a family holiday or for a romantic break. The large shared garden with patio is an ideal place to enjoy Norfolk’s sunshine, and Coltishall village offers several good pubs serving food, a village shop, a butcher's and petrol station, along with Coltishall Common and Coltishall Staithe which provide a wonderful place to relax whilst watching boats pass on the River Bure. The Bure Valley Railway is just a five minute walk from your Coltishall cottages and the cycle and footpath running along the track provides fantastic scenery for a pleasant walk or bike ride. The superb Norfolk Broads are close by, whilst the city of Norwich is within easy driving distance and offers many places of interest. Two excellent Coltishall cottages, ideal for exploring the whole of Norfolk.
This cosy Norfolk cottage boasts a lovely sitting room with dining area and double sofa bed, a fitted kitchen, a shower room and a comfortable double bedroom.
There is shared use of a front garden making it ideal for a romantic break.
Note: This cottage is next to ref 24423 and together they sleep 10 people.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with dining area and double sofa bed.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Shared front lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: There is an unfenced pond at this property situated outside the walled and gated garden.
- Last minute
- “A Great Stay!”
- “We stayed here for a week and had a lovely time. The cottage is very well equipped and has a good layout. The grounds are well cared for and a good size. Although the cottage is down a country lane, which makes it an ideal quiet location, it is only a short drive to the main road with access to the many attractions of Norfolk. We will be returning in the future!”
- “An excellent place to stay - it was very well presented and equipped to a high standard. Would definitely recommend this property. Also, the owner was always extremely helpful with an excellent manner. Overall "perfect" and a very reasonable price too!”
- “A totally hassle free, charming, peaceful, beautiful little place. Would come back in a heart beat. It was just perfect. Thank you!”
- “Moonlight Cottage was in a convenient location to visit some of Norfolk we had not visited either before or at least not recently. The accommodation was very comfortable and to be recommended.”
- “Very comfortable. Quiet and peaceful.”
- “We liked the location and the peace and quiet. The whole cottage was exceptional.”
- “Beautifully equipped - secluded location but still within easy reach of village either on foot or by car.”
- “The owner of the property was absolutely delightful and very helpful and friendly. We also felt the cottage was a home from home and had everything we needed and could want. I have been to rented cottages before where there have been things broken, missing and if you are cooking instead of going out, the kitchen was unsuitable for cooking anything further than beans on toast! Not so with this property, they'd thought of everything and the homely, welcoming touches like milk and tea / coffee were very gratefully received after a long M25 on a Friday night journey! We were very sorry to leave.”
- “The Cottage was very peaceful and suited to our needs, the location was excellent.”
- “Very convenient for our needs. Close to Norwich, and ideal if wishing to avail yourself of the coast and countryside.”
- “Very nice location with great walks nearby. Accommodation was warm and the bed was very comfortable.”
About the location
Wroxham 4 miles; Norwich 9 miles.
The pretty Norfolk Broadland village of Coltishall is known locally as the ‘Gateway to the Broads’, where, on Coltishall Common, you can find an array of moored boats sitting along the banks of the River Bure. The banks of the River Bure are the picturesque setting of Coltishall Staithe, a large grassed area enjoying riverside pubs and restaurants, a village store/Post Office and attractive cottages. In summer, both locals and visitors enjoy relaxing picnics, feeding the ducks and playing ball games, while in winter, the local waterfowl enjoy Coltishall Staithe’s riverside tranquillity. On the outskirts of Coltishall is the summertime pick-up stop of the Bure Valley Railway, a narrow gauge steam and diesel service running between the market town of Aylsham and Wroxham, and walkers can enjoy the riverside footpath from Coltishall Lock. The local area offers a wide choice of places to visit from craft barns and beautiful gardens to National Trust properties and Redwings Horse Sanctuary, while river boat trips can also be enjoyed. With Norfolk’s beautiful and varied coastline within easy reach, this is a lovely location for discovering Norfolk.