- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
White House Farm Cottages
These attractive brick and pantile cottages are nestled in a gravelled courtyard of five properties and are situated in a tranquil setting in the village of Wood Norton amidst the Norfolk countryside. Sympathetically converted from former farm buildings, these single-storey cottages are ideally suited for those wishing to explore the glorious North Norfolk coastline and the picturesque, historic nearby market towns of Fakenham and Holt. Each of these cottages offer bright, spacious accommodation, traditionally furnished with modern facilities. Well-equipped and welcoming, they share a large sheltered courtyard and have the benefit of their own private patio where you can relax and unwind. For the younger members of the family, the cottages have a splendid communal play area with swings, slide and a seesaw, a grass tennis court and a table tennis room. The popular Georgian market town of Holt has excellent amenities with a wide choice of interesting independent shops, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants. Be sure to take a trip on the steam train from here which runs to the traditional seaside town of Sheringham, or take a short drive to the coast, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a haven for birdwatchers and walkers. With miles of sandy beaches and majestic dunes, these cottages are ideally placed for taking boat trips to see the seals or simply visiting the RSPB reserves and coastal paths. Well worth a visit is the historic city of Norwich, with its magnificent cathedral towering above the surrounding medieval streets hosting museums, galleries and excellent shopping facilities. These cottages are well-placed in Norfolk to enjoy a wide variety of attractions.
Pear Tree has spacious high-pitched beamed rooms and offers a romantic four poster king-size double bedroom. This single-storey cottage near Holt has wheelchair access and French doors opening on to a private patio. Light and airy throughout, this Wood Norton cottage has plenty of room to spread out and relax. Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 24285, 24355, 24357 and 24359, together they sleep 21.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x four poster king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with z-bed on request. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric woodburner-effect stove.
Gas central heating with electric stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Private patio with furniture and BBQ. Communal central courtyard with shared use of children's play area, grass tennis court and table tennis room. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “Lovely barn conversion comfiy beds well equiped friendly owener.Had a wonderful stay.Beautiful location”
- “A nice location which was peaceful and relaxing. There were lots of places to visit with the coast being a short drive away. Found a nice village pub about a mile away which did good home made food. All in all a great cottage and an enjoyable holiday.”
- “Absolutely fab, the whole family loved it.”
- “A spacious and well planned barn conversion on a working farm. The cottages were in a lovely courtyard and access to them was very well maintained. It was so nice to have spacious, secure off road parking. The space to sit outside was very nice, this cottage was quite private as it faced the fields rather than the other cottages. Also, it was not too far off the beaten track but far enough to be peaceful. Hope to stay here again!”
- “Lovely big open plan barn with so much space. Lovely owner and quiet location .”
- “A lovely cottage, was secure as it was a gated property. It was well laid out and loved the four poster!”
- “An absolutely fabulous cottage in a wonderful setting. A great area for exploring with the family. Very spacious and comfortable, thank You.”
- “Loved the quiet setting, grass tennis court and the wonderful size of the bedrooms and sitting room. Much bigger than the pictures suggest! Everything was done to a very high standard and beautifully clean. Everything had been thought of - there were even hair driers in each room. Great location.”
About the location
Guist 2 miles; Fakenham 6 miles; Holt 9 miles.
Wood Norton is a small village in rural north Norfolk, close to the market town of Fakenham. Just two miles from Wood Norton is the village of Foulsham which has a local shop and a pub with a restaurant. Fakenham is just six miles away and is home to a national hunt racecourse and has a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants. The popular market town of Holt is close by and is well known for a wonderful array of independent food stores, craft shops, tea rooms and restaurants. Further afield are the seaside villages of Wells and Blakeney as well as the more traditional resorts of Cromer and Sheringham. The cathedral city of Norwich is a wonderful location for a day out, plus there are many National Trust properties in the area just waiting to be discovered.