- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Upper House Farm Cottages
These five luxury stone-built barn conversions, each with its own private hot tub, are situated in an impressive courtyard close to the owner’s 17th century traditional farmhouse, on a 220-acre arable farm in the rural village of Alberbury, 9 miles from Shrewsbury. All five Alberbury cottages have been individually designed to provide completely private rear gardens, each with their own hot tub. All five Alberbury cottages have been renovated to a very high standard providing spacious, open plan, very well-equipped accommodation. They have retained many original features including a wealth of wooden beams and trusses, which have been combined with contemporary fixtures and fitting throughout, producing a welcoming cottage atmosphere in a modern environment. With prior arrangement, the dining space in Ref. 15917 can be arranged to accommodate all 33 people in the group, ideal for that special occasion. These Alberbury cottages provide perfect holiday accommodation for families or groups of friends, as well as offering safe, indoor entertainment for children and the young at heart in Jimmy’s Play Barn which has a pool table, hand football, air hockey, a ball-pit for toddlers and a climbing frame, while the less active can watch the 40” TV and enjoy the drinks machine and free newspapers. These wonderful Alberbury holiday cottages are in an ideal location for walking through the Loton Estate's deer park, up Rodney’s Pillar hill, along Offa's Dyke Path, or visiting Powis Castle or historic Shrewsbury. Discover the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, the Wroxeter Roman City, delightful Church Stretton and the medieval town of Ludlow, surely one of the UK’s most lovely towns. Any one of these Alberbury holiday cottages would be perfect for a memorable, year-round holiday in one of England’s loveliest counties.
A wonderful semi-detached Alberbury cottage, a spacious and luxurious retreat for a large family or group of friends to relax in the open plan accommodation or outside in the private hot tub or sauna.
With two sitting areas, a private pool table, shared games barn on site and plenty to do in the area, this Alberbury cottage simply cannot be beaten as a quality welcoming Shropshire base.
Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 15913, 15914, 15915 and 15916, together they sleep 33.
Six bedrooms with TV/DVD: 2 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Additional basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with breakfast area (seats 6), dining area and sitting area (seats 7) with woodburner, archway into sitting area with pool table. First floor reading area (seats 4). Sauna (seats 8) with changing room.
- Underfloor central heating (ground floor), radiators (first floor) all powered from eco-friendly bio-mass system, with woodburner
- Electric range cooker with oven and six ring hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, 40" TV with Freeview, Blu-ray and DVD, 6 x TVs with DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Shared games barn (wheelchair accessible) with pool table, hand football, air hockey, toddler ball-pit, drinks machine and newspapers
- Shared outdoor play area for younger children with swing, see-saw and climbing frame
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, extra wood can be purchased from owner
- Power for sauna inc. in rent on 'fair use' basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Private, enclosed patio garden with furniture, BBQ, adjacent lawn and private 8-seater hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub with restaurant 1.3 miles
- Note: There is total privacy around the hot tub, but it is situated close to neighbouring properties.
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Powis Castle 10 miles.
Alberbury is a small rural village in lovely countryside, 4 miles from the Offa's Dyke Pathway, 9 miles from historic Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury lies within a giant loop of the River Severn, and has been called England's finest Tudor town, with its timber framed, black and white buildings, as well as the ancient 'shuts' or passageways which connect them. There is a superb selection of shops, along with cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs. Visit Shrewsbury Abbey, home to the fictional Brother Cadfael or Shrewsbury Castle, an impressive sandstone building in beautiful gardens and grounds, housing the Shropshire Regimental Museum. Visit NT's stately Attingham Park and mansion, Powis and Chirk castles with their lovely gardens, Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge World Heritage Site, the castle and Michelin starred restaurants of Ludlow, enjoy golf on the 9 hole course, paintball or quad biking, only a short drive away, or visit Acton Scott Working Farm, as featured in the “Victorian Farm” TV series.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute