- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Great Lyth Farm Cottages
A wonderful opportunity to enjoy two delightful 18th century Grade II listed barn conversions, which have been sympathetically developed to offer well equipped accommodation in an idyllic rural location, 5 miles from medieval Shrewsbury. They stand close to the owner's farmhouse, surrounded by lovely grounds, within a 22 acre smallholding which is home to sheep, chickens and an extensive organic kitchen garden from which eggs and seasonal vegetables are available. Both cottages have a pretty, fenced garden; perfect for dining alfresco. Guests have use of a year-round hard tennis court and coarse fishing (including carp) on the picturesque and well-stocked 1 acre pond, only 100 yards away. Enjoy walking and cycling in the stunning Shropshire Hills, or discover the Ironbridge World Heritage Site, Stokesay Castle and Acton Scott Historic Farm. Booked together, Ref 2601 and 2602 can accommodate 11 people.
A delightful semi-detached 18th Century Grade II listed barn conversion on a 22 acre smallholding.
Decorated and furnished in traditional style to provide homely, well-equipped accommodation.
Perfect for a family or romantic break.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double sleigh bed with TV, Freeview and DVD, 1 x family room with king-size double & single bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Ground floor basin/WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV with Freeview, 2nd TV, DVD, radio
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Shared use of year-round hard tennis court
- Coarse fishing (inc. carp) in owner's private 1 acre lake
- Travel cot, highchair & stairgate by prior request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Pretty, fenced lawned garden with patio, furniture & BBQ
- Shared picnic table by lake
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Unfenced pond 100 yards from property - children must be supervised at all times
- Note: Tennis and fishing are by arrangement with owner and are only available for guests staying at Great Lyth Farm Cottages.
About the location
Shrewsbury 5 miles; Church Stretton 10 miles.
The pretty hamlet of Great Lyth stands in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is close to the beautiful Shropshire hills of the Long Mynd, Stiperstones and Caradoc, which can be explored on foot, or by bike, horse or car. Five miles away is the wonderful medieval town of Shrewsbury, set into a loop of the River Severn. Shrewsbury is famous for its timber framed black and white buildings, and offers a wonderful selection of shops, restaurants and pubs, as well as picturesque riverside walks and boat trips, and Shrewsbury Abbey and Castle. Within a few miles discover the World Heritage Centre of Ironbridge, the Wroxeter Roman City, Attingham Park, Stokesay Castle, the lovely town of Church Stretton and historic Ludlow.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute