- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
Great Lyth Farm Cottages
A wonderful opportunity to enjoy two delightful 18th century Grade II listed barn conversions, which have been sympathetically developed to offer well equipped accommodation in an idyllic rural location, 5 miles from medieval Shrewsbury. They stand close to the owner's farmhouse, surrounded by lovely grounds, within a 22 acre smallholding which is home to sheep, chickens and an extensive organic kitchen garden from which eggs and seasonal vegetables are available. Both cottages have a pretty, fenced garden; perfect for dining alfresco. Guests have use of a year-round hard tennis court and coarse fishing (including carp) on the picturesque and well-stocked 1 acre pond, only 100 yards away. Enjoy walking and cycling in the stunning Shropshire Hills, or discover the Ironbridge World Heritage Site, Stokesay Castle and Acton Scott Historic Farm. Booked together, Ref 2601 and 2602 can accommodate 11 people.
Lovely semi-detached 18th Century Grade II listed barn conversion on a 22 acre smallholding.
Traditional and well-equipped accommodation for a real "cottage" holiday, ideal for families or friends to relax in an idyllic rural location.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x double, 1 x children's bunks (5'4" x 3'). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Ground floor basin & WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Shared year-round hard tennis court
- Coarse fishing (inc. carp) in owner's private 1 acre lake
- Travel cot, highchair & stairgate by prior request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Storage shed for bikes
- Pretty, fenced lawned garden with patio, furniture & BBQ
- Shared picnic table by lake
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Unfenced pond 100 yards away - children must be supervised at all times
- Note: Tennis & fishing by arrangement with owner & only for guests staying at Great Lyth Farm Cottages
- Note: This property accepts max. 4 adults and 2 children
Note: This property accepts max. 4 adults and 2 children.
About the location
Shrewsbury 5 miles; Church Stretton 10 miles.
The pretty hamlet of Great Lyth stands in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is close to the beautiful Shropshire hills of the Long Mynd, Stiperstones and Caradoc, which can be explored on foot, or by bike, horse or car. Five miles away is the wonderful medieval town of Shrewsbury, set into a loop of the River Severn. Shrewsbury is famous for its timber framed black and white buildings, and offers a wonderful selection of shops, restaurants and pubs, as well as picturesque riverside walks and boat trips, and Shrewsbury Abbey and Castle. Within a few miles discover the World Heritage Centre of Ironbridge, the Wroxeter Roman City, Attingham Park, Stokesay Castle, the lovely town of Church Stretton and historic Ludlow.
- Last minute