- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Llangollen 2 miles. This delightful detached barn conversion makes a wonderful Llangollen self-catering cottage, standing in a peaceful idyllic location on a smallholding in countryside in the lovely World Heritage Site of the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Llangollen Canal.
This 19th century property has been lovingly renovated to create a cosy, comfortable atmosphere, decorated and furnished in a modern country style: a lovely Llangollen holiday cottage.
Enjoy dining alfresco in the garden which offers beautiful views over the countryside and the Castell Dinas Bran ruin.
There are scenic canal and hill walks from this Llangollen cottage, and barges can be hired nearby (daily hire available) for a memorable voyage across the aqueduct or through the Vale of Llangollen into the town itself.
Enjoy day trips to Snowdonia, historic Chester, or Lakes Bala and Vyrnwy and then return to this welcoming Llangollen holiday cottage and relax.
Three bedrooms, all with exposed beams and views of Castell Dinas Bran: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin, 1 x 2'6" twin. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Shaker-style fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room with woodburner and doors to garden with lovely views.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating in kitchen, hall and utility area plus woodburner in sitting room
- Double electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV, DVD, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Welcome pack
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage available
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture, BBQ and lovely countryside views inc. Castell Dinas Bran ruin
- Fishing on River Dee and tackle loan available by prior arrangement with owner
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 5 mins walk, World Heritage Site Pontcysyllte Aqueduct 2 miles, canal 20 yards
- Note: WiFi is suitable for browsing rather than streaming or downloading.
About the location
Ruthin 15 miles; Chester 25 miles.
The beautiful Vale of Llangollen, with its dramatic mountain backdrop and boulder-strewn River Dee is the setting for this pretty tourist town, internationally famous for its Musical Eisteddfod. Explore the green valley by steam train or canal boat, or take an exhilarating walk up to Castell Dinas Brân, high above the town, in order to enjoy the breathtaking view. Llangollen offers a good range of pubs and restaurants, as well as many interesting shops. The National Trust properties of Chirk Castle and Erddig are within easy driving distance, while a day-long car trail can take you to visit six of the ‘Seven Wonders of Wales’. Offa’s Dyke Path passes nearby and boasts pleasant walking along the crest of the Clwyd hills, plus the famous Pontcysyllte Aqueduct is 5 miles away, and Snowdonia is less than an hour’s drive.