- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Mold 5 miles.
This pretty, detached cottage is set behind the owner's B&B, overlooking open countryside, in the scattered hamlet of Penymynydd, near the market town of Mold, eight miles from Chester and just six miles from Chester Business Park.
Formerly a stable, this cottage near Mold has been converted to offer a cosy, open plan living area with sitting area, dining area, woodburner, French doors to the garden, a well-equipped kitchen, and access to a stylish bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Outside, to the rear of this Mold cottage, is a private patio and garden overlooking open countryside, plus access to a pretty cottage garden with views over the fields and a selection of growing herbs, which guests are able to help themselves to.
You can also see the ducks and chickens wandering freely; they might even produce eggs for you if you’re lucky!
Guests have access to the B&B facilities if desired, with a resident’s lounge and a breakfast room with cooked breakfast option should you wish to set yourself up for a busy day, also, there are good, local pubs, serving food, in nearby Penyffordd and Kinnerton.
This Mold cottage is in a great location for exploring the delights of the local area, with easy access from Buckley train station just five minutes’ walk away, a bus route to Chester from outside the cottage, a golf driving range within half a mile, and bridle tracks for dog walking leading from the doorstep.
The Roman city of Chester offers shopping, cafes and restaurants on the medieval rows, along with boat trips on the river, an historic cathedral and renowned zoo.
The attractions of North Wales are waiting to be discovered from this Mold cottage, including the Eisteddford town of Llangollen, the Snowdonia National Park and the Isle of Anglesey.
If you just want to switch off and relax, or explore Flintshire and beyond, this perfectly-located Mold cottage is an ideal choice.
All ground floor.
One double bedroom with en-suite wet room shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x Smart TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional wood available on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Private patio with furniture and BBQ, shared use of large lawned area with furniture
- Bike storage on request
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk, pub 12 mins walk
- Note: Owner runs a B&B next door
- Note: Some road noise may be heard
- Note: There is ramped access up to the property entrance
- Note: This property may be suitable for the accompanied disabled
- Please contact the owner for more information
- Note: No infants.
About the location
Chester 16 miles; Llangollen 20 miles.
The bustling market town of Mold lies in an ideal position for exploring the attractions of North Wales, with excellent access to superb walking and breathtaking scenery. It offers a regular market, a selection of shops, some good pubs and of course Theatre Clwyd, the National Theatre for Wales. Chester is just 16 miles away, with its historic buildings, riverside walks, racecourse and excellent shopping. An excellent touring base for North Wales.
Note: No infants
This property offers the following short breaks: