- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This delightful, stone-built terraced cottage is located up a hill, just a 5-minute walk from the centre of the village of Penmachno in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park. Offering pleasant, homely accommodation, this Penmachno cottage opens into an oak beamed sitting room with a multi-fuel stove set in a stone and slate hearth. The kitchen is fully fitted with a generous amount of storage space and the dining area provides a place where you can sit and dine whilst looking out on the superb views. Upstairs in this Penmachno cottage, you will find three bedrooms consisting of a double bedroom with corner shower, which overlooks the front garden, another double to the rear boasting stunning views, and a bunk bedroom. There is an enclosed front patio and three steps which lead to a lawned area with seating. To the rear the enclosed patio affords views across fields and is an ideal place to sit and relax whilst barbecuing and watching the sun go down on another perfect day. The popular town of Betws-y-Coed is nearby, which has a selection of pubs, shops and cafes, whilst the whole area is ideal for walking and cycling. A lovely Penmachno cottage from which to enjoy an excellent family holiday.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with dressing room, 1 x double with corner shower, 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room (seats 5) with multi-fuel stove.
- LPG central heating with multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, selection of games and books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and two stairgates
- Roadside parking
- Bike storage
- Front lawned area with patio and furniture
- Rear enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 5 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This property is accessed via a front communal path
- Note: This property sleeps a maximum of 4 people.
- Last minute
- “The cottage is in a very nice location with superb views and easy access to good walking and mountain biking.”
- “The cottage was comfy, warm and relaxing and we really enjoyed our stay. It provided a good base for touring that part of Wales. The garden was dog proof which is always a bonus as we have two boisterous collies. We would definitely stay here again.”
- “Great for families - toys and books left for all ages, also crockery and cutlery for toddlers was appreciated and a couple of options for different sleeping arrangements.”
- “It is a lovely cottage and we really enjoyed our stay. We were four adults and there was plenty of room. The log burner is absolutely lovely in the evening, nice and cosy.”
- “Nice cottage in a nice location. Great views and well situated for touring North Wales.”
About the location
Betws-y-Coed 4 miles.
The small, peaceful village of Penmachno is situated in the beautiful Machno Valley, just 4 miles from the popular town of Betws-y-Coed. Surrounded by woodland, magnificent mountains and flowing rivers, the whole area is a haven for walkers, birdwatchers, mountain bikers and climbers, whilst Betws-y-Coed itself offers a good range of shops, pubs and cafes. Here the River Conwy meets its three tributaries creating a host of cascading waterfalls, river pools and ancient bridges throughout the surrounding countryside, the most famous of which is the magnificent waterfall at Swallow Falls, situated where the River Llugwy meets with a spectacular chasm creating a sight not to be missed! The beautiful Conwy Falls are also well worth a visit and are situated in the Machno Valley. With all of Snowdonia to explore and North Wales' Heritage Coastlines also within easy reach, this beautiful location has plenty to offer at any time of year.