- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Esgair Ebrill Cottages
Eglwysbach 2 miles. A pair of superb, luxury barn conversions in an absolutely idyllic rural setting! These holiday cottages are situated at the end of a steep climb up a tarmacked single track road with passing points, next to the owner’s property, 2 miles from the lovely Welsh village of Eglwysbach in the Conwy Valley in North Wales. These semi-detached Eglwysbach cottages, which date back 400 years, enjoy stunning panoramic views across the valley from their secluded, elevated hillside location, making them ideal for family or friends looking for a rural cottage retreat of real quality. Inside, these Eglwysbach cottages are full of character and charm, with a host of original features including woodburners, exposed oak beams and high galleried ceilings, and benefit from stunning views from the sitting rooms. Immaculately renovated, these Eglwysbach cottages have been decorated and furnished in a charming, classic style with high end luxury fixtures and fittings, including travertine floor tiles, underfloor heating on the ground floor and Canadian white oak flooring throughout the bedrooms. The latest heat recovery system in these Eglwysbach cottages provide ideal temperature and environment control, great for allergy sufferers. Outside, enjoy wonderful decking areas and lawned areas, ideal for relaxing and enjoying the superb valley views. There are also wonderful walking tracks right from the doorstep of your Eglwysbach cottages. Just a short drive from your cottage is the world-famous Bodnant Gardens, where you can spend time exploring 80 acres of footpaths and finish the day by stopping at Bodnant Welsh Foods, where you can sample delicious local produce. With the World Heritage Site of Conwy close by, with its castle, pretty harbour and host of amenities, not to mention the North Wales coast and Snowdonia National Park within easy reach, these luxury Eglwysbach cottages are in a great location for discovering North Wales.
A stunning semi-detached barn conversion, nestled into the hillside, Buzzards' View is a two-bedroom cottage full of luxury furnishings, offering a warming woodburner in the cosy sitting room, which is finished with exposed oak beams and leather sofas.
The summer room in this Eglwysbach cottage provides patio doors that lead out onto an elevated platform, where you can appreciate fully the magical valley views, and also see red kites and buzzards flying below!
The ground floor of your holiday cottage has travertine flooring, warmed through with underfloor heating, while the kitchen/dining room has granite worktops with a luxury finish.
Outside your North Wales holiday home is a front garden with babbling brook, a perfect spot to sit and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of your surroundings, whilst there is also a large playing field in the property grounds, perfect for children and a dog to play in.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref.
13007 to accommodate 12 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV and en-suite shower room with spacious shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner, leading to summer room with patio doors onto deck.
Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and in bathrooms, woodburner in sitting room and heat recovery system. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs both with FreeSat, DVD, stereo/CD, iPod dock, selection of books, games and DVDs, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate. Ample off road parking. Enclosed decking, lawns and patio with furniture and charcoal BBQ plus playing field. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Note: There is a babbling brook in the front garden, therefore children should be supervised at all times - if all gates are closed, children cannot access the brook from the decking. Note: This cottage is accessed via a long and steep hill.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful - would love to come back!”
- “We stayed here on a family holiday last August. We are a family of two adults and two boys - aged 11 and 14. We chose this cottage based on the stunning photos and description on the Sykes Cottages website - and we were not disappointed! After a long journey from Nottinghamshire, we followed the owner's excellent directions and made our way up the lane to the cottage - this was the start of our lovely adventure. The journey itself was exciting and the views were stunning. Once at the cottage we were excited to explore and were thrilled to find the cottage was as gorgeous in real life as it was in the descriptions we had read. The owners have really thought of everything in this cottage - there is nothing you could possibly need that wasn't there. The cottage is beautifully decorated throughout, the bathrooms were spotlessly clean and the view from the bathtub was breathtaking! The Bara Brith provided by the owner (made by the lady at the local post office, from where we bought more as gifts from our holiday!) was the most delicious i have ever tasted!! The views from the cottage were stunning and we spent many hours sitting on our decking area admiring the mountains in the distance. Even though this cottage is attached to another holiday cottage which was also occupied whilst we were there, we never heard our neighbours at all. I would really recommend this cottage to anyone who likes the idea of a beautifully located, quite retreat. My boys have already said they want to go back!!”
- “Hidden Gem”
- “First of all,yes it is an adventure getting to the cottage,but it is well worth it for the views and the accommodation,it is first class with everything you could want,well appointed,clean and the log burner makes it even cosier,the views over the Carneddau were gorgeous (we were lucky they still had snow on them) the cottage is remote and this gives cracking views of the starlit sky at night,our son and his girlfriend stayed for two nights with us as a surprise for my wife's birthday and their first words on entering the cottage were "WOW" !!!!!! Excellent hiking nearby with good walks from Trefriw,Rowen & Llanwrst. Highly Recommended.”
- “Remote yet friendly”
- “A wonderful week. One or two problems which were sorted out by the very friendly owners who live next door. A wonderful week of silence and buzzard watching. The approach lane was an adventure each time, but this only added to the charm of this well appointed house. We are intending to return when the weather is a little better. If you want a quiet relaxing holiday then this is for you. The owners did everything in their power to ensure that our holiday was just what we wanted. They were never intrusive. Bliss!”
- “Total comfort with amazing Views.”
- “What a wonderful house, very comfortable and homely. A great base for walking. Amazing views of Snowdonia”
- “the cottage has only been open a couple of months and is finished to the highest standard. the owners are exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to help us sort out a personal problem. nothing to do with the cottage. the views are outstanding. there is loads to do and see whatever the weather.”
- “Sheer luxury wonderful views”
- “The cottage was clean comfortable and well equipped We would thoroughly recommend it. The owners live on site and are very friendly and helpful. It was near to many places of interest with the bonus of having the National Trust's fabulous Bodnant Garden just down the road. Where they served great meals and refreshments”
- “The cottage was absolutely gorgeous. Well decorated, clean and very comfortable. Everything that you could need was provided and of good quality. The log burner was lovely and the views were great. The property is well located and there are plenty of places to walk to from the door step.”
- “Very comfortable cottage, décor very nice. Views of mountains and country side, wonderful to wake up to and we so enjoyed cooking on the deck and eating our evening meal looking at the view. The weather was lovely!”
- “Very good value; very clean, well decorated with very good views and lots of walks. Really enjoyed our holiday.”
- “The cottage was of a very high standard, spacious and very comfortable. We loved it! Also the location was stunning. We really enjoyed our stay.”
About the location
Conwy 5 miles; Llandudno 8 miles; Betws-y-Coed 12 miles.
The village of Eglwysbach is in the wonderful Conwy Valley, which is renowned for its beautiful countryside, scenic walks and the world famous Bodnant Gardens. Nearby Conwy, a World Heritage Site, is one of Britain's most unspoiled historic towns. A true medieval gem, the town is dominated by a splendid castle and completely enclosed by its well-preserved town walls - fortified with 21 towers and three gateways, the walls form an almost unbroken shield around the old town. There's plenty to enjoy in Conwy - the picturesque fishing harbour, National Trust's Aberconwy House, Britain's "smallest house" (worth an interesting, if quick, visit!) as well as the town's shops, pubs and restaurants. Close by are good beaches along the North Wales coast and excellent walking in Snowdonia and the surrounding hills.