- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Church Stretton 7 miles. A lovely ground floor barn conversion on a working farm, wonderfully sited in 200 acres of the owner's land, just opposite the medieval church in the pretty rural village of Stapleton.
This semi-detached property still retains a wealth of features from its original use as a dairy house, such as exposed beams and an original cattle stall, which now separates the dining area from the cosy sitting area.
Furnished to a high standard, the property boasts stone flagged flooring and makes an ideal romantic retreat.
The amenities of Church Stretton and Shrewsbury are within easy reach, as are the rest of Shropshire's attractions and superb walking country.
A lovely base at any time of year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single, 1 x single with en-suite shower, basin & WC. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with exposed beams leading to open plan dining area and sitting area with woodburner, stone flagged flooring & exposed beams throughout.
- Storage heaters with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with digital box, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi
- Shared use of washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fuel, power & initial supply of wood for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Shared use of covered games barn with snooker table, table tennis, badminton, cricket, football net & 14' netted trampoline
- Front patio with furniture, small rear walled patio with furniture
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no smoking
- 1 small, well-behaved dog welcome by arrangement
- Shop 1 mile, pub 10 mins walk (not dog-friendly)
- Note: Roughly 100 yards of the footpath to the pub is beside an A road
- You also need to cross this road
About the location
Ludlow 15 miles; Shrewsbury 15 miles.
The pretty market town of Church Stretton lies in the heart of south Shropshire. It sits amidst striking scenery and has often been described as "Little Switzerland". The town is the main centre for Shropshire’s hill country and home to a variety of tea rooms, pubs and specialist shops. Other local attractions include walks on the Long Mynd, the Acton Scott Historic Working Farm and Stokesay Castle. The historic towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle are only a short journey away, making Church Stretton an excellent base for your Shropshire escape.